Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 PM

64 posts, read 313,925 times

Advertisements

I really thank you all for any help or information I can get. The tumor was located on his left front leg (where our calf would be). He had no symptoms & was running around like normal. But I noticed a small pinkish-red bump. I brought him to the vet & she thought it may have been a small bug bite. A week later when it didnt go away, I had her cut it off & send it out for evaluation. So, I dont think it was there very long. I notice every little thing on my Pugs. I read up on MCT's today & apparently they are common in older Pugs. My Pug just turned 9. In fact, I just had a birthday party for him Friday night. My friends brought their dogs over to celebrate too. Looking back Im so happy I had a doggy birthday bash (even though everybody made fun of me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 12:05 PM

Default Great news!!!

My Puggy's tests came back & he has no cancer~! I can breathe now.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:48 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,936,994 times
That's great news but NEVER stop being vigilant about checking for masses. These are so common in pugs and must be looked for all the time!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:50 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,909,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgirl_13 View Post
Very good news! Thanks for the update. Now go and celebrate again!!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,413,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocgirl_13 View Post

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats and lots of scritches to the little guy!

Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM

Im still waiting on the Vet to call me. I spoke to the Vet Assistant, who read the results. She said it was a "reactive lymph node". He just had his teeth cleaned & a couple extracted. Im thinking this is what caused the stress to his little body. Pugs are sooo bad under anesthesia. Anyway, thank you all for your well wishes, it helped.
Attached Thumbnails
Mast Cell Tumor-picture-041.jpg  

Old 08-14-2008, 03:30 PM

378 posts, read 1,652,424 times
I am sooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 02:35 PM

I spoke to Elvis vet yesterday. He did have a Canine "mast cell tumor", but at this time there is no sign of more cancer is his body.Luckily the tumor was removed completely. I have been researching it & apparently this type of cancer is unpredictable & can return at any time. Im thinking about adding "Flax Oil" & Cottage Cheese to his diet. I read on several websites that this combination is full of antioxidants.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:39 AM

3 posts, read 5,996 times
Someone I know has a Pug and it has a grade 2 and is having chemo,with excellent results.It has not been sick at all.
Happy to read good things about your Pug.
They are great little dogs.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 8,895 times
What does a Mast Cell Tumor Look Like?
Mast cell tumors can vary in appearance. Most often there will be a mass or growth present on or under the skin. The area surrounding the mass may be swollen and it is possible to see rapid changes in the size of the mass.

Dogs affected with mast cell tumors may have only one tumor or may have several tumors present.

Mast cell tumors can also be itchy and uncomfortable for the affected dog.

can u email me back at [email]bulldogsrcool@shaw.ca[/email] ~~ I would love to hear some feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs