Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:41 PM

692 posts, read 3,856,434 times

Advertisements

I wanted to make a thread with the pictures I've taken the last few days, but also to kind of let everyone know what's been going on.

Britches is on his way back here (probably this week). His new owners are having some family problems (for their respect I don't want to go into detail), but in his best intrest he's coming back home and will be placed up for adoption again. I have missed him and my stomach has been in knots since I found all of this out. They told me he is a great dog and caused no problems (at least no big ones that I know of). He and Sarge got along great so this has nothing to do with him.

Just kind of giving everyone a heads up so when you start seeing more Britches pictures I don't have to go into explanation. Though I'm sure this thread will miss some, but I'm hoping I don't have to explain it a thousand times. lol

Onto the pictures:

Neville is recovering from Kennel cough and is back on his feet. Bouncing around and as you can see begging for treats.

He and Buster are becoming pretty good buddies.

As long as Buster is gentle (which I remind him of when he starts to get a little to rough) Buster is used to playing with Britches, Mahalo, Duncan, even Teddie isn't as delicate. I love how smooshed Buster's face is in this picture.

A crappy picture of Teddie, Neville, Mahalo, and Buster..now add Britches and Duncan to that mix. Yeesh

*More*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 05:42 PM

I just came in from taking Ted and Neville out. Teddie decided he didn't have to go so he was chilling out in the sun. It's time to go get groomed, but I've been wanting to grow his hair out. It's just long enough I can pull part of it up and out of his face.

Yawning once it got quiet and boring

And a kind of smokey close up of his messy face and snaggle tooth

*That's all for now* Thanks for looking.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,739 times
I can't get over the dachshunds catahoula markings! I've never seen one like that before. I'm sad (and happy) that britches is coming back to you.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:58 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,902,939 times
Teddie - Britches is meant to stay with YOU! That's karma! That's why that happened. I'm missing the Britches pics too. Looking forward to seeing the little guy!

Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Teddie - Britches is meant to stay with YOU! That's karma! That's why that happened. I'm missing the Britches pics too. Looking forward to seeing the little guy!
Lol I was just waiting for someone to mention this. I'm hoping not everyone posts this. I still stand for him finding that perfect home. We were even closer this time so we'll be that much closer next time.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,192,726 times
The pictures of Neville & Buster are priceless. I also especially love the B/W of Teddie. You take some great shots!

We've missed Britches, but I'm sure you'll find his forever home soon. That sweet guy will make another family very happy.

P.S. I LOVE the area rug that the guys are laying on. Very striking colors. Don't mean to be nosy, but is that from Pottery Barn? Hopefully we'll gather some green to pull up our poorly installed carpet soon. My husband might stain the concrete underneath, but I don't like bare floor throughout the house, so I'll definitely want a rug to warm up the space.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:25 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,664,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I agree.....Britches chose to go back that is why it did not work out! I think you better keep him now. It is not good for a dog to go from home to home. They start to develope issues. When I adopted my Ginger out and it did not work out and she came back....that was it she was home to stay!
I seriously think you should keep him. His behavior will get worse with each home he goes to. Dogs are smart and Britches bonded with you and your home. He does not want to go anywhere else! Sorry to interfere but I foresee something not good happening to him in the future if you let him go again. Just my intuition.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,846,929 times
Poor Britches! Must be very confusing for him - or else he thinks it was a nice vacation!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:43 PM

960 posts, read 1,688,671 times
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out in Britches new home. I hope that great dog finds his forever home soon! Give him hugs for all of us at CD!
btw...Neville is too cute!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree.....Britches chose to go back that is why it did not work out! I think you better keep him now. It is not good for a dog to go from home to home. They start to develope issues. When I adopted my Ginger out and it did not work out and she came back....that was it she was home to stay!
I seriously think you should keep him. His behavior will get worse with each home he goes to. Dogs are smart and Britches bonded with you and your home. He does not want to go anywhere else! Sorry to interfere but I foresee something not good happening to him in the future if you let him go again. Just my intuition.
The comment I bolded really bothers me. He does not have any behavior issues and is doing great in his new home. They are taking great care of him and if anything it was a short time away from me. He's been there 3 weeks, it hasn's been a LONG period of time.

Quote:
They told me he is a great dog and caused no problems (at least no big ones that I know of). He and Sarge got along great so this has nothing to do with him.
I am all for opinions and I love hearing/seeing them, but this is being taken way out of context.

As I said above he is not being returned for any issues with him; this has nothing to do with Britches or the way he acts. He's a great dog, does not have any issues and is getting along just fine.

I love the support from a lot of you, but I just don't understand these posts. I would think you'd be supportive and trust after all I've done for him to find what's best for Britches. I try and share the updates and keep everyone up to date, but I KNEW I'd get posts like these and almost didn't post here. I'd rather if you don't have something supportive to say please don't post.

Last edited by TeddieXRuxpin; 09-24-2008 at 09:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs