Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,967,762 times

Advertisements

Nanners likes her velcro time, and she can have as much of that as she wants as long as it's on my terms and convenience. No means no, and she knows that. However, she does like to sit beside me and put a paw on me, which gets old because her pads are so rough and sandpapery, not to mention her grizzly bear nails, so I put the kabosh on that.

She likes to lay across my legs and stare at me when I'm in the recliner. I often wonder what's going through her mind when she's doing that. If I look directly at her, she'll avert her gaze, so it's definitely not a challenge.

As far as her licking goes, no face kisses are allowed. I can't stand that from any dog. She'll give a leg or arm slurp once in awhile, and that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 08:45 PM

166 posts, read 483,099 times
There are moments that I look at my dog and start to cry at what a beautiful blessing she is. She would curl up behind me when I was going through chemo when I was on the bathroom floor waiting to get sick again. Now I am healthy and I get to cuddle up behind her in the morning.

I see the woman I want to be reflected in her loving eyes. She is my world and there is nothing I wouldn't do for her because I know she would do it for me.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:52 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,283,740 times
Without a doubt, my dogs bring to my life sunshine each day. They are dear little souls and without them, I'd be lost. The more I'm around people, the more I love my dogs.

A co-worker was telling me the story the other day depicted in the video below. How is this for loyalty to the max? It's in Spanish, but make no mistake the intent of the story is in the video with or without words.

Amazing Video: Hero Dog Rescues Injured Dog On Freeway - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver#-

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 12-07-2008 at 10:01 AM..

Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,055,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecWmn View Post
There are moments that I look at my dog and start to cry at what a beautiful blessing she is. She would curl up behind me when I was going through chemo when I was on the bathroom floor waiting to get sick again. Now I am healthy and I get to cuddle up behind her in the morning.

I see the woman I want to be reflected in her loving eyes. She is my world and there is nothing I wouldn't do for her because I know she would do it for me.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through chemo, but I'm so happy that you had your furry friend to take care of you.

Congratulations on your good health, and congratulations on having such a fine friend by your side, in sickness and in health.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:00 PM

166 posts, read 483,099 times
Don't know how I would have made it through without her. She is my rock!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:50 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,685,450 times
What is the old saying? Dog spelled backwards is....

Old 12-08-2008, 01:19 PM

414 posts, read 1,863,746 times
I love my two babies. My Scout was my first pet after my parents put my childhood dog to sleep. I didn't know if I could ever bear to get so attached to another dog, and then Scout chose me at the animal shelter. On lazy Saturdays I love curling up with her on the couch and napping all day. She's truly my baby. Duke is a little harder to cuddle with (65 pounds!) but he likes to join me for naps on the weekend in the bed. I look into his mushed face and wonder how anyone could ever discard dogs like garbage. I don't know what I did with my time before my dogs!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,051,258 times
Since adopting a new "found" dog into my house, (one that's a total lap dog), I'm trying to show extra love to my other dog who's gotten too big to be in my lap
(at least not as much as he could when he was a little puppy). I know he's a little jealous of this new dog who's getting some of his attention.

Sometimes, I'll just go lay down on top of my lab and snuggle with him when he's laying on the bed napping.

This morning before I got up, guess what? He gently climbed right on top of me and just laid there! All 60 pounds of him.... he's such a sweet, loving dog...

Yes. I think I love my dog that much!

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-13-2008 at 10:22 AM..

Old 12-13-2008, 11:47 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times
I've always connected well to my pets. I'm good at developing a special bond with them. In college and in my 20's, it was my cat Spot. Then my pug, a terrier poodle stray I found in GA, my last terrier mix and my chocolate lab mix. And it's also because I spend a lot of quality alone time with them. The dogs have all gone on long road trips in my car with me. My boyfriend gets jealous because our pets always love me more than him.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 AM

2 posts, read 13,158 times
i know exactly how you feel. my silky x shihtzu is the apple of my eye. he goes to as many places with me that will allow and sleep on my bed with his very own pillow. his name is WHISKEY and my day wouldn't be complete with out him. he makes me smile, laugh and happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs