Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josci View Post
Ughhh this is so stressful!!!!!!!!!!!
I found this article to be easier to understand and more helpful to me during my search. Others may till you I am wrong. I am just offering another opinion and information.
I found the DFA site to be out dated and off the mark with ingredients on thier product listing. I check a bag of dog food I had to what was listed on the website and it was off MAJORLY. I can't recall exactly but it listed Meat By Product as the first ingrediant and the bag had chicken. It also listed food coloring and fillers the bag had non of those. I will stick to the bags from now on, not a website I found inacurate.
(sorry to all those who promote that website but I found out what I found out )

do what you can do within what you think is right. Most dogs foods offer a good nutrition for your pups.
Read the conclusion of the article for basic guidelines. I chose my dogs new food off of that and brand recomendations by my vet. You don't have to go high cost to fed you pup right.

What Is The Best Food To Feed A Dog...ThePetCenter.com (http://www.thepetcenter.com/imtop/bestfood.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,285,482 times
Here are some excellent resources to help you find the best food for your pet:

Cat and dog food reviews and ratings, ingredients, information, all in a straight forward manner!

The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare?

dogaware.com

Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,738 times
Kerowyn, I'll support your stance on this....I have four dogs (LabX, two Bostons and a Frenchie) and feed them all high quality, 5 or 6 star rated foods.....mainly because I prefer to go the grainless route with these particular dogs.

Having said that, all my prior pets were fed Purina One and lived long, healthy lives and died from natural causes. As a child, our pets were strictly fed table food - dog food would have been an extravagance for my family. These pets lived long, natural lives too.

So, it's my opinion that whatever works for your dogs is what you should be feeding. Not all dogs do well on the higher end foods, so as long as their stools are good, coats healthy and shiny, eyes bright and energy levels good, do what's best for your family and your pets.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 PM

692 posts, read 3,855,371 times
If you have a Petco around Solid Gold might be a food for you to look into. It's a very good food and still a reasonable price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs