Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,587 times

Advertisements

Hello...I was wondering what pill are giving your english bulldog for the black spots? And where did you get it from?
Thank You
Maria
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 02:39 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,835,394 times
I bought it at GNC. Melatonin 3 (3mg) and Melatonin 5 (5 mg)...I gave one of each daily until the spots vanished and the hairs grew back. Than I gave it twice a week and now I stopped. I read it can come back, so if it comes back or better said the hair will be gone again...I will start again. This really worked in a short time period and I didn't spend any money at the vet...just approx. $ 15.- at GNC!

It is funny but on the label it is saying: supports restful sleep....and that for an English bulldog...

Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,144 times
Several of you have discussed a "pill". what type of pill is the dog taking. As of tonight my dog is at the vet, 16month female bulldog. She had the black spots on both sides starting in the winter. One side cleared up already and full fur is back. The other is bare skin, black and now has lesions on it. She is on Royal Canin and always has been. GOOD FOOD. They are now tomorrow doing a biopsy to see what the lesions are as they know its not bacterial. they said it could be fungal from our mulch in the playyard. they said that it could be the Katrina Mulch. Any suggestions?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:28 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,309,711 times
Royal Canin is not a good food! It's one of the worst on the market, actually. Let me guess, Bulldog formula? It's a huge marketing scam. Your dog sounds like she has a yeast infection or an allergy, both caused by food. My bully hasn't had a single health issue and he is almost 2. We truly believe it's because of diet and regular exercise. I highly recommend your switch her diet to something higher-quality and grainless. Orijen and Acana are wonderful, grainless foods and many Bulldogs do extremely well on them. Raw is even better. Here's a review for Royal Canin, it rates only a 2 star. You shouldn't feed anything lower than a 4, preferably 5 or 6.

Dog Food Reviews - Royal Canin Medium Breed Bulldog (24) - Powered by ReviewPost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs