Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:39 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,091,684 times

Advertisements

they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,061,419 times
My dog likes to do the fetch and retrieve thing a lot but I also do something else that he really likes. He has a small blanket on the sofa where he lays (he lays on top of it mostly). Anyway, he likes to go under the blanket and then I pretend I'm trying to find him. He moves around under the blanket "hiding from me" and for a while as I pretend I can't find him and then I'll suddenly grab him while he's still under the blanket (he loves that part the most). I guess you'd just have to see it, but it's really cute! Dogs are truly the best pets.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,549,763 times
Macie loves to fetch (especially when a chuck-it is involved or a frisbee)...she also enjoys tugging games (be careful with tugging games though - make sure the dog knows to drop at your command). Another fun one my DD loves is bubbles. Just blow bubbles and watch her try to catch/bite them. You can get peanut butter smelling ones at the petstore or just use the regular cheap ones from Walmart or someplace....

Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM

557 posts, read 2,616,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I play "Naptime!" The way it works is that I run and get in bed and get situated amongst the cool, comfy pillows and
This time of the year, we both slip into a catatonic state that lasts for about 10-12 weeks. All we do is hibernate in the cool comfort of the AC and the ceiling fans. Playing is out of the question.................................
(text deleted)

Beautiful dogs! Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 AM

65 posts, read 493,611 times
at home in the winter months we play hide and seek, tug, short-range fetch.. at the park we play fetch, "monkey" (dog as the "monkey", will be in between boyfriend and I, and I will throw a ball to my bf, where he and my dog will try to catch it.. if the boyfriend can't catch it, the ball drops and my dog gets it, or if my dog jumps high enough to get the ball, he will switch places with my dog, with the bf in the middle and I try to throw the ball to my dog and he tries to catch it... ), catch me if you can (basically me running around with my dog trying to 'catch' me.. lol). or my boyfriend and I trying to "trap" my dog, while he tries to "escape".. most of the time, the dog wins, humans lose.. or I surrender since I do not have my golden's stamina (i wish!) .. but yes, my golden's retrieving instinct is pretty high.. he'll place a toy on my lap when we're just sitting around, wanting me to throw it so he can run and get it.. even though we don't live in a big house. But he's favorite= fetch + swimming. totally loves it when we go to the waterfront where I will throw something and he has to swim to get it.

so with tug, I found it surprising when my dog would go all out and not give up when he's playing with my bf or any male friends over at my place.. however, when my 3 year-old niece came over and wanted to play tug with him (under our supervision, of course) after seeing how her dad does it, my dog would bite on the other end of the toy, and let my niece play "tug" with him, but he would not move! like he'd just let her pull and "tug" on the tug toy thing and he'd not even try to "tug" or move. And after she's done she gets a big, wet kiss from him. We never taught him that and I just thought that was so sweet of him! Also, when she would throw one of his balls and runs to get it, my dog, with that huge retriever instinct, would actually let her run for the ball first and just follows right behind her!

Another amazing thing was before my dog learned not to pull on his leash and before we got the gentle leader, there was once when my niece wanted to "be a big girl and walk the dog".. we were all outside at the park.. and my dog, who at that time would pull EVERY TIME, actually did NOT pull when he saw it was my little niece walking him on the leash! I was just like, "are you kidding me??" all those time I have been training him to heel and all that no pulling stuff, he actually knows them, just that he likes to pull when we adults are walking him and is only nice to little kids! is anyone's dog like that as well?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 AM

9,347 posts, read 20,091,684 times
what a sweet fella!!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:26 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,584,511 times
My older collie loves to play. So does the puppy, but she's still getting organized.
Fetch. Catch. She loves frisbee. Really catches air. She loves tug of war, but I try not to play it with her too much.
The puppy's caught on to fetch now. She can catch things in the air, but not the frisbee yet. She actually likes to swim and play in the water.

Both dogs enjoy the game where I tell them to sit and stay. Then I hide myself in another room and call them. They come running and try to figure out where I am.

Both love to chase me if I run from them. They are big on chasing. Herding dogs.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:17 PM

56 posts, read 176,851 times
I hide items fave toys my dogs like, and hunt with them to find them all excited like, and praise when they do find it......................Like i did not remember where i hid it lol *

another one I do which maybe silly to a a lot of people however; my dogs love it, I first get a towel or a meterail item.......cover my entire face with it, get down on all fours and do peek-a-boo with them to get them going first......then next step i only cover my entire mouth and nose, so only my eyes are showing then I make weird sounds/noises.....no words though.....then you should see them, they tilt their heads get down in play mode, and start doing zoomies, that means spurt runs and they run all over the place me chasing them, making noises, haaaaaaaaaaha then they play peek- a -boo behind items wondering where I am, peeking once they see me tails a wagging and they run around again.........................haha ok this is fun for us maybe not for everyone lol )~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs