Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,101 times

Advertisements

I can't seem to upload them but two of mine are in my profile and I would love other's opinions on their mixes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM

142 posts, read 571,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solow View Post
Attachment 52707

this is lab and pit
I meant in addition to German Shepherd. They way he acts I am starting to think he is part Husky, he "talks", loves to dig and he has that curly tail

Old 11-11-2009, 05:49 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
We've had our dog since Feb 08.

They called her a Lab X (cross) but we think she is Lab/English pointer. People still ask me, "What kind of dog is she?" They always say she is very striking looking. I think it is her uniqueness (few people have English pointers up here).

What do you see?

Here is her pup photo:

(note few spots!)

And a more recent (she will be 2 years soon).

I haven't taken any in awhile...

Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 AM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
Lab/English Pointer sounds very probable. I was also thinking perhaps Lab/Dalmation.
I was also wondering why, whenever we are all guessing breeds, everyone guesses only two (i.e. Lab/Dalmation) when, clearly, dogs can be more than two breeds, the same way that humans can have more than two racial heritages. Just a thought. But with that in mind, I will say Lab/English Pointer/Dalmation.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 PM

6 posts, read 7,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley620 View Post
We just adopted him today He is obviously German Shepard but idk what he is mixed with. 7 months old and 44 pounds. We are going to the vet tomorrow so we will see what they have to say.
If you ever find out, let me know. I have a dog that looks very similar, And I've been wracking my brain trying to figure it out. I am going to post a picture in this thread also

Old 04-09-2014, 03:55 AM

This is Missy. She is 6 months as of April 2nd! She weighs somewhere between 30-40lbs and is 2ft tall at the shoulders. The people i got her from didn't know much except for they thought her mother was part pharaoh hound, which i can kinda see at times. She's very loving and goofy. She gets very hyperactive when she meets new people but calms quickly (as long as they pet her!) She is the dopey dog love of my life and I'm so glad i found her in a Safeway parking lot in the back of a pickup. It's been a crazy 4 1/2 months watching her grow from this little thing that i brought home (first pic), to this big dopey dog with too much love in her heart(second&third pics)and daddy's little napping buddy![last plc(my sister snuck in my room and took this pic)]
Attached Thumbnails
one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-2013-11-26-22.16.10.jpg   one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-cam00006-1.jpg   one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-cam00023-1.jpg   one big thread - post your dogs here and everyone will try to guess their breed mixes-cam00028.jpg  

Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
OK, we know that Tonka's a beagle mix - the question is, what is he mixed with?

Yeah... I never miss an opportunity to post pictures of my dog.
He kinda looks like a catahoula leopard dog to me

Old 04-09-2014, 04:11 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aborelli90 View Post
He kinda looks like a catahoula leopard dog to me
I think we have a difference of opinion, aborelli. I'd go Basset all the way on Tonka. No matter what, all these babies are mixed with love

Old 04-09-2014, 08:22 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
We've had our dog since Feb 08.

They called her a Lab X (cross) but we think she is Lab/English pointer. People still ask me, "What kind of dog is she?" They always say she is very striking looking. I think it is her uniqueness (few people have English pointers up here).

What do you see?

Here is her pup photo:

(note few spots!)

And a more recent (she will be 2 years soon).

I haven't taken any in awhile...
Lab/Pointer, it would be unlikely if it was crossed with a Dal.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
OK, we know that Tonka's a beagle mix - the question is, what is he mixed with?

Yeah... I never miss an opportunity to post pictures of my dog.
My guess is Tonka's all beagle, if you google "hunting beagles" you'll see similar markings and a large variety of sizes especially those who breed for pack hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs