Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM

18,735 posts, read 33,424,279 times

Advertisements

Jan, so sorry to hear about Dash. Thoughts are with you.
I also like to give a sympathy card and, if possible, a donation to an animal cause in that animal's name. Most organizations will send a nice thank-you to the person, acknowledging the donation and sympathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,472,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I put Dash to sleep today and the support of people I know is the best gift they can give me... Jan
I am truly sorry to hear about Dash. Losing a close friend is a very hard thing indeed. The pain of his loss will fade in time, but the memories of all the joy and happiness he brought into your life will never fade. As long as you remember him, Dash will always be a part of your life.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,242,128 times
{{HUGS}} for both the loses.

We recently lost our Dog, some friends sent a card referring to loss of Pets. They have some neat ones these days and it meant ALOT.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,598,304 times
A little humor on this sad subject is a a couple weeks ago I came to work and said I think the swelling on Dash's face is going to explode and sure enough the next day it opened up so I called in sick to work and told them I needed to take Dash in to the vet and Might be putting him down. Then I was off for a few days being I only work 3 a week. So when I returned to work there was an envelope on the report table with my name on it. I just sort of left it there feeling I knew what it was and then one of my coworkers picked it up and said "I guess you did not see this". Then she stood there waiting for me to open it and it was a dog sympathy card that all my coworkers signed. It was very sweet of my coworkers but a bit akward since I had not put Dash down yet so it was a bit weird to get a card while he was still alive. I guess it is wise to make sure before you send such a card.

Glitch, thanks what you said is so true. I tried to rep you but it would not let me.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,286,285 times
Jeez-o-peets, you guys have me near tears, and I'm at work! I'd never hear the end of it! Guess I'm just turning into a big ol' bag of mush since becoming a dad. I never used to be this way.

Since this dog was clearly part of the family, I'd do what my Mom taught me to do when a person dies. Make a big lasagna and take it over with your condolences.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:24 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,682,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
Jeez-o-peets, you guys have me near tears, and I'm at work! I'd never hear the end of it! Guess I'm just turning into a big ol' bag of mush since becoming a dad. I never used to be this way.

Since this dog was clearly part of the family, I'd do what my Mom taught me to do when a person dies. Make a big lasagna and take it over with your condolences.
What a sweet idea! Yes, becoming a parent changes everything - it's like having your heart walking around outside your body. Your level of love and empathy increases by leaps and bounds.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:37 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,612,120 times
when my dog died last year, my coworkers gave me a nice sympathy card, and also a plant (one of those little bamboo plants) - it sounds dumb, but I love that plant. It was really great, something living that I still have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs