Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 12:54 PM

167 posts, read 598,379 times

Advertisements

Colddiamond,

I highly recommend getting a seat belt harness for your dogs.

Go to Petco.com and click on dog supplies, and then harnesses (you want an auto harness). The harness has a loop in the back that you thread the seat belt through, and it keeps the dog in place during travel and keeps the dog from becoming a projectile in the event of an accident. They have several different price ranges, and I saw one for under $10. I highly recommend putting a seat belt harness on your dogs when in the car. I have 3 dogs, 75, 65, and 45 pounds, and they all sit in the back seat of my car and each wears a seat belt harness. It took each dog about one or two car trips to get used to being in the harness, and when it is time to go in the car, each knows where their designated seat is. I have driven cross country with all three dogs and have had no problems.

Check out the harnesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs