Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,705,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Thanks Travelr-
Good news for today- I saved that collie!
he is being brought to Knoxville- his name is Splotches. The shelter could use funding- Call 423-926-8533. They have 3 beautiful white boxer puppies there too!

Also some blue heelers/some beautiful shepherd mixes/ white. And a greyhound.

An Akita that I am also trying to help- if anyone knows anyone/has resources-please PM me!

sunny
contact boxer rescue, and greyhound rescue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 06:40 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,683,834 times
GlobalPawcom, and DogForumscom are good discussion hubs for dog lovers, Sunny. I will scour for more links this weekend.

One of our adoptees looked just like a Brillo Pad! Some sort of Terrier Mutt.
I wanted to name her "Yoda" so bad, but they went with "Daisy". Little thing was so "ugly" that my Dad called her "The Flower in The Forest of Love". Her ears stuck out like Yoda's

God she was adorable! It was always interesting asking our vet to try to tell us what's "in" all the (new) dogs we'd take to him: "What kind of dog(s) do you think this is???
God bless you/the Angels who are strong enough to do this. Wish I could compose myself just a little.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
Awww- I will post a picture of jackie she is beautiful/ugly lol.

Its a sharpei thing!

sunny

Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,333,416 times
dncngrl1964 It is the same here but our pound is full, humane socity full and lots of strays on the street. Glad you can help, even if it is one once in awhile.
sunnyhelena Glad you got the collie, too...

Old 05-17-2007, 09:49 PM

What kills me is the litter of puppies- 3 beautiful white boxers- just dumped there. What is wrong with people??.......

Old 05-17-2007, 11:01 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,438,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
What kills me is the litter of puppies- 3 beautiful white boxers- just dumped there. What is wrong with people??.......
People are heartless, selfcentered.....I can't stand it!
It's not nice to say this, but if I ever observe an animal being abused, I could kill for it! (Just ask my husband.....)
Well, we paid $1800 for my shepherd, flown into PA from a breeder out of KY. Nice beautiful dog we named "Miko", and the apple of my husbands eye...lol. The other one "Monti"(a mix), I got as a companion for "Miko" (since we were working), and got him from a FL non-kill shelter (Dogs and Cats forever in PSL/FL, also on the web), after a client (a volunteer there) told me about it. So, there I was, fighting with my husband (he had all sorts of excuses on why NOT to get another dog ), and just having my German hardhead and stuborness lead the way....lol. I went into a pen filled with all sorts of different puppies....and couldn't make up my mind.
So, kneeled, played with them, when one (curled up in the corner), came up, sat like a kangaroo infront of me, licked my nose, and went back into his little corner, curling up and just looking at me with incredible sad eyes. OK.....PEOPLE, I WAS SOLD, and the rest is history!!!!!
Now he is approx a bit over a year old, has bad hips (I put aside already $10,000.00 for a possible hip replacement in the future!), and is a complete LOVEBUG!
So, here we all are, living happily ever after, and loving my pups to death!
And, since I am a meatcutter, guess what?....LOL....First choice meats......(My husband and kid want to come back as my dogs in the future....lol)

Last edited by MB2; 05-17-2007 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: one typo out of many

Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 PM

aww- what a sweet story~~any pix? the dogs are so loving. It is heart-breaking.

sunny

Old 05-18-2007, 05:52 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,709,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
People are heartless, selfcentered.....I can't stand it!
It's not nice to say this, but if I ever observe an animal being abused, I could kill for it! (Just ask my husband.....)
Well, we paid $1800 for my shepherd, flown into PA from a breeder out of KY. Nice beautiful dog we named "Miko", and the apple of my husbands eye...lol. The other one "Monti"(a mix), I got as a companion for "Miko" (since we were working), and got him from a FL non-kill shelter (Dogs and Cats forever in PSL/FL, also on the web), after a client (a volunteer there) told me about it. So, there I was, fighting with my husband (he had all sorts of excuses on why NOT to get another dog ), and just having my German hardhead and stuborness lead the way....lol. I went into a pen filled with all sorts of different puppies....and couldn't make up my mind.
So, kneeled, played with them, when one (curled up in the corner), came up, sat like a kangaroo infront of me, licked my nose, and went back into his little corner, curling up and just looking at me with incredible sad eyes. OK.....PEOPLE, I WAS SOLD, and the rest is history!!!!!
Now he is approx a bit over a year old, has bad hips (I put aside already $10,000.00 for a possible hip replacement in the future!), and is a complete LOVEBUG!
So, here we all are, living happily ever after, and loving my pups to death!
And, since I am a meatcutter, guess what?....LOL....First choice meats......(My husband and kid want to come back as my dogs in the future....lol)

What a heartwarming story. We, too, have set aside $$ for a possible future hip replacement for our dog, if he's not too old by that time. He seems to be doing OK for now. We have had him on glucosamine/chondroitin +MSM for several years now, so that's helping slow down the deterioration of the joints.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:04 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,709,893 times
Default Rescue links

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
contact boxer rescue, and greyhound rescue
Rescue groups by breed: http://www.akc.org/breeds/rescue.cfm

Akitas:Akita Club of America
Lisa Gray - rescuechair@akitaclub.org

Boxers: American Boxer Club
American Boxer Rescue Association
Connie Back, (504) 738-5820

Greyound:Greyhound Club of America
Carolyn Phillips, (727) 796-7757, Florida, jphilli7@tampabay.rr.com
National Greyhound Adoption Network
phone: (800) 446-8637

Old 05-18-2007, 07:10 AM

489 posts, read 2,016,324 times
I am so glad that you have saved "Lassie"! What a wonderful story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs