Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:50 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,058 times

Advertisements

there are certainly a lot of questions that need to be asked:

why would our government debase our own currency ?

why do we export finished gasoline?

why did congress ban our own efforts at energy independence but still funnel millions to mexico, brazil, and (most recently) colombia for their own drilling efforts?

why was ANWR closed?

do we really believe that gas usage is going up in the united states when we are in a recession? did anyone see the report on cars being stranded on the turnpike because they ran out of fuel? or we can just go with statistics:

NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- U.S. crude inventories soared well above analysts' expectations last week, according to data released Wednesday by the the U.S. Department of Energy.

Crude oil stockpiles rose 6.2 million barrels to 363.1 million barrels, compared with an average survey estimate of a 900,000-barrel increase. The American Petroleum Institute, an industry group, reported a 4.9-million barrel build in its weekly report released Tuesday.

Last edited by floridasandy; 05-01-2011 at 05:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 10:07 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,560,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
So basically you are saying that by me creating wealth I am screwing everyone else?????
I did not say anything about you. I have no idea if you create wealth, as you say, or not, nor any idea how you personally go about your claimed creation.

I am saying that the US Global Corporate Model -- The combination of Corporate, Government and Military forces (a true Fascism Mix per Mussolini) is used around the world and is designed to exploit the rest of the world.

The easiest to screw are folks on the bottom and that is what the US Global Corporate Model does best.

Even where we put on the pretense it is not in our name, we ship the local dictator weapons, ammo and poisons to use against their people. The people in these targeted lands are used as cheap labor, and have their lands and resources exploited from under them.

I am hardly the first to make this observation.

War Is a Racket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting guy . . . .

Smedley Butler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As fully applied it is a Big House and Plantation model. The US is the Big House, and the "third world," as it used to be called, are the fields and hands that support US.

Quote:

If I go and drill for oil and hit a massive field that produces 1 million barrels/day then I am pumping that oil at the expense of the bottom half?
On the global sense that is what tends to happen. Just look and observe. Does the bottom tend to benefit in Saudi, Niger, Angola, Brazil, Iraq, on and on?

For our part, it is our money, our troops, our corporations going there to exploit them.

And on the other side of things -- the countries that do take even some care of their people -- Venezuela, Iran, Cuba -- we "hate" with a vengeance.

Quote:
They are getting poorer? Even though they now have gasoline to put in their car??? What if I employ 5,000 workers to pump that oil? Are they getting screwed?
My Goodness. THIS is why I think you may have such a "Big House" view of the world. All about Me. All about US, right?

Meanwhile -- out in the slave quarters -- Do you not know that MOST of the people in the world do not even have a car? Do you really not understand that? Let alone that they have not a concern for gasoline for it?

Quote:

What If I spend my billions on investing in new projects or just random spending?
Are you now talking about ethical based investing? Somehow I thought maybe that was outside your concern. Perhaps I am wrong on that?

Quote:

Is everyone I spend the money on getting screwed? If they are then they definitely don't have to buy my products or work for me.
Is that a sincere question? As far as I know, we could do ethics based investments. Might be actually a good use of the time sunk into this discussion, if that were of sincere interest.

Best conceptual model I have found so far is the old Quaker adage -- Doing Good is Good Business.

Quote:

They also don't have to work at my investments or selling their goods/services to me. They're all getting screwed after all!!

I guess they are better off living on the streets.

and if they don't have investments then its their own fault for living for the day instead of saving for the future.
Sure, sure. Take away their lands, give those to the corporations, and run them onto the reservations and labor camps to serve US? What to heck, why not concentration camps?

You do understand that the poorest folks in the world are mostly children? Same in the US. Maybe you just lack knowledge, I hope.

So, Yes, yes, of course all those damn poor children. If there is fault to be found, it must certainly start with them.

Quote:
I think the bigger irony is the fact that we have tons of natural gas that can be purchased at ~2$/gallon that we can put into our cars yet we insist on running our vehicles on expensive gasoline. If gas prices are so high then lets switch over to natural gas. Most big companies have already done it.
No, I think largest irony is that the folks that live in Big House have No Idea they are part of the Global Plantation Nation. Amazing.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,935,058 times
the folks that live in the big house have no idea? really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics