Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:17 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

Ceramic mugs used in the US Navy. My favorite saying "Do not annoy Dragons for you are crunchy and go well with catsup."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
The traveler at Wal- Mart with the closer lid self sealing

[SIZE=3]The n[/SIZE][SIZE=3]ormal production time is 6 work days (with 1-color imprint).
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]End Quantity price [/SIZE][SIZE=3]plus 20% discount when[/SIZE][SIZE=3] product cost is over $500.[/SIZE]

#KZ 45109

The Koozie Hemisphere� Travel mug is a
16 oz. mug
in a sleek new design with angled Comfort Handle and Patented Closer� Lid.

Hemisphere Mug features include
dual -wall construction for better insulation,
the patented automatic closer lid to prevent spills,
and a soft ergonomic comfort grip handle with rubberized overcoat

Mug colors are Harvest Green, Black, Blue, Red and Silver; Lid is Black
Hemisphere Mug

Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,250 times
Mine passed away a few years ago. It hit the sidewalk, and all the Kings men couldn’t put it together again. It was a mug with the Picasso painting of Lady in Green Chair on it. I have looked for a new one, but for some reason it became a collector cup and everyone I found was over $50.00. I just could not spend that on a cup I had paid only $2.00 for. I have now become attached to a mug with a cow on one side, and a bull on the other. It gives me that country feeling while stopped in traffic.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:46 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default Great thread. Fun, even.

Favorite coffee mug? I have several.

For drinking every morning, I am particularly fond of the mug our Principal gave us to mark the opening of the county's newest HS, and our being lucky enough to have been the 'original staff.'

It is a 12 oz. mug (the smallest I can stand), features the school logo and motto, date, and all that jazz on one side, and the other has tiny columns with all of our names in ABC order. I have often thought I need to put it away for posterity but drinking from that mug in the a.m. just makes me feel great, especially since I am now retired. If my dearest husband shows up with my coffee, in any other mug, even if another 'favorite,' I am always disappointed.

Other favorites, also in 12, or 16 oz. sizes, with large handles, include

- Tigger, superimposed over 'bouncy bouncy Bouncy BOUNCY bouncy'
- a black Disney mug with a raised motif of the traditional rendition of the little mouse

These two obviously from trips to Disney, with the kid, years ago.

- one with Jefferson's "I cannot live without books" emblazoned on it, from the Library of Congress
-one from the Asian art exhibit a few years back, also from the Library of Congress

The only small mugs I have that I really like, an 8 oz. (standard size) include

- Shakespeare's line, "First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" from Folger's Shakepeare Library in Washington, DC
- The Wizard of Oz's "Dear Dorothy: Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home. Toto" from a gift shop in the airport in Kansas City

AAAUGER, you certainly have some choices to make. Seems to me, from reading the thread, coffee mug choices are almost as individual as the posters here themselves.

As for style, a large mug -- no less than 12oz. but 18oz. is a bit too large for me -- with a nice large handle that takes up almost the side of the mug, and lets me hang onto the thing with several fingers, has some 'heft' to it, but not too much (perhaps is thick enough to keep the coffee hot long enough for me to drink it).

Do NOT put metal thingies on the outside. I have a lovely mug, in two pieces -- a black mug, and the Baltimore Oriole of the MLB team, that came unglued. AArrgghh. . . Couldn't put it in the microwave, either.

I have noticed, the last few times I have been drawn to mugs, that some will offer the same design in two sizes -- the larger 12oz. + , as well as a smaller 8 oz., which I thought was nice. Many times I will see a mug I like, and want to purchase, but don't use the smaller size much. I have to really, really want the mug for it's design, logo, pattern, *whatever* to actually purchase the smaller.

Good luck with your task. Will you let us know what you decide, largely out of curiosity? Many of the ones described here have been great, methinks.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averie-Jay View Post
I like the coffee mugs that hold roughly 16 oz. and easily fit in a car's cup holder (no handle). I think it's also important to have the open/close lid to prevent spilling. Having a metal interior versus a plastic interior is also appreciated, but surely increases the price.
I vote for the above!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:44 AM

461 posts, read 1,449,903 times
My sister and I always say a mug is not worth having unless you can fit your whole fist inside of it. I don't really like travel mugs... I think the coffee always gets in the little lip area and drips on me. My favorite mug is a great big one with Mae West on it that says "When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad I'm even better" on the back, then inside it says "It's better to be looked over than overlooked". My second favoite mug was a gift and it's a Disney mug with Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas" on it. It's nice and big and it has a slight curve in the middle so it feels really good in your hand. I like to hold my warm coffee mug on those cold mornings! Another thing I don't like about travel mugs is they don't get all warm outside like a ceramic mug!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:44 PM

269 posts, read 1,010,645 times
My Favorite Mug is All Black and has a logo( for a club) carved out of the front Like a Laser cut that reveals to white! My old favorite mug broke,it was tall and just ever so slightly bigger than normal so that it held more,but did not look like a giants teacup!

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
I actually did some market research on this a few years back. (Our company gives out promo coffee & mugs.) The #1 thing customers requested was a travel mug w/secure lid that fit easily in their car's cup holder. Choose a neutral color (e.g. black, silver) that makes your logo stand out.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 04-14-2008 at 10:41 PM..

Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Also, be careful that it doesn't contain any lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics