Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 03:33 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we know , it is everyone else's fault .

the first step to fixing the problem is coming to the realization that it is all your own doing that put you in this situation . you are in the drivers seat

My impaired internet access is directly a consequence of someone else's misdeeds.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:35 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
We are not talking about your internet. We are talking about your entire life and all the bad decisions you made

Old 08-22-2017, 03:38 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
Quote:
it is not a rent is to high problem . you my friend have an income is to low issue .

you choose to do nothing about it but blame the rent . it is silly already . everyone here see's it is your own doing but you .
Not speaking too the person who has a issue.. but if a person been at the same job for decades and maxed out and yet you still keep increasing their rent, your really messing with their budget. Most people forget, rent rises faster than a person pay. So each time my rent increases, your telling me to go ask for a raise so i can pay for it.. So i got to do this every 6 months? when my profession is maxed out in pay. ( just a example). According to your reply...

Old 08-22-2017, 03:42 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Rent should be a safe percentage of your income . If one's rent starts to eat to much than obviously one can not afford to live where they do. they need to find away to increase income or move ,like it or not.

When I started my career I had 3 jobs going on. I was an hvac tech , I did service at night on my own and I was a drummer doing gigs

I came from an NYC housing project. There was no way going back was ever going to be an option no matter what i had to do .

it all depends on how committed to fixing the short fall you are .

if you are not making the income you need and expenses are increasing , you need to be proactive or else end up like freemkt.

no different than weight loss - eat less or move more . complaining about it fixes nothing .

Last edited by mathjak107; 08-22-2017 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-22-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Rent should be a safe percentage of your income . If one's rent starts to eat to much than obviously one can not afford to live where they do. they need to find away to increase income or move ,like it or not.

When I started my career I had 3 jobs going on. I was an hvac tech , I did service at night on my own and I was a drummer doing gigs

I came from an NYC housing project. There was no way going back was ever going to be an option no matter what i had to do .

it all depends on how committed to fixing the short fall you are .

if you are not making the income you need and expenses are increasing , you need to be proactive or else end up like freemkt.

no different than weight loss - eat less or move more . complaining about it fixes nothing .

California homeowners responded to this problem by passing Prop 13. Renters experiencing this problem should either abolish exclusionary zoning (extremely unlikely given homeowner animus) or pass rent control.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
seems to work just fine allowing you to kill a lot of time here posting about how rotten your life is. Find a library with computers available to the public. If there's nothing available where you live, move.

How would that help? Libraries can and so restrict individual access.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:11 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

How would that help? Libraries can and so restrict individual access.
You've never articulated how your restricted internet access has ruined your ability to earn more money. Everyone I know without internet service at home uses the library and they get by just fine.

Of course you're different, you're only able to post here 24/7, but you have impaired access.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:00 PM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Not speaking too the person who has a issue.. but if a person been at the same job for decades and maxed out and yet you still keep increasing their rent, your really messing with their budget. Most people forget, rent rises faster than a person pay. So each time my rent increases, your telling me to go ask for a raise so i can pay for it.. So i got to do this every 6 months? when my profession is maxed out in pay. ( just a example). According to your reply...
From the landlord's perspective, he needs to raise rents to cover increased property taxes, increased maintenance costs, etc.

If you are maxed out on pay, you need to find something more affordable or pursue a new career.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:36 PM

13,736 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
I've done that a number of times. One sucky job is bad enough, two sucky jobs at the same time is really bad.

As has already been stated: You blame everyone but yourself. Life isn't easy and nobody said it was. We all make mistakes. I lived with the bottle until age 35. Got sober, then picked up what I had left which wasn't much.

Stop making excuses because once you hit 30 you'll find many people stop buying the "woe is me" act.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:16 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
California homeowners responded to this problem by passing Prop 13. Renters experiencing this problem should either abolish exclusionary zoning (extremely unlikely given homeowner animus) or pass rent control.
Prop 13 was and is a mistake. All sorts of economic distortion was a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.