Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 10:40 PM

156 posts, read 97,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
So whatvhat EXACTLY do you do to alleviate the problem? Do you donate time and money a shelter, invite homeless people in your house to feed them? Let’s hear all the things you battle for daily.....can’t wait to read the lies. I just love how people are heroic and want to save the world with someone else’s money. Everyone has great ideas on how we can fix everything...If we just get enough money.....just make everyone pay for it. Why do people want to hold on to the money thr6 work for so hard. Ridiculous.

Wanna know something? Most people are going to take care of family and see that they have food on the table, shelter over their heads, clothes on their back, medicine and creature comforts before they start worrying about anyone else. You wanna judge them for that? Go right ahead.

Until them open up your wallet and start supporting all these poor people you want to support. Nobody is stopping you from sending money to a shelter or dropping off a pallet of food
I do all of the above, and I also vote Democrat to put an end to the system of institutionalized negligence that you fight so hard to protect. Plus I also tip well. Enough of your lies and false narratives. I'll see you at the ballot box. That is where we will settle this debate.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:07 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
So whatvhat EXACTLY do you do to alleviate the problem? Do you donate time and money a shelter, invite homeless people in your house to feed them? Let’s hear all the things you battle for daily.....can’t wait to read the lies. I just love how people are heroic and want to save the world with someone else’s money. Everyone has great ideas on how we can fix everything...If we just get enough money.....just make everyone pay for it. Why do people want to hold on to the money thr6 work for so hard. Ridiculous.

Wanna know something? Most people are going to take care of family and see that they have food on the table, shelter over their heads, clothes on their back, medicine and creature comforts before they start worrying about anyone else. You wanna judge them for that? Go right ahead.

Until them open up your wallet and start supporting all these poor people you want to support. Nobody is stopping you from sending money to a shelter or dropping off a pallet of food
We don't know her whole situation, but from the article info what she primarily needs is special-needs childcare.

If she had help taking care of that autistic kid she'd be alright.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobHunter2018 View Post
I do all of the above, and I also vote Democrat to put an end to the system of institutionalized negligence that you fight so hard to protect. Plus I also tip well. Enough of your lies and false narratives. I'll see you at the ballot box. That is where we will settle this debate.
Vote democrat.... LOL The first 2 years of Obama's presidency he had full control of the government and did absolutely nothing, he waited until the dems lost house and senate to proclaim all the great things he would like too do, because he knew full well that they would never pass.
Me thinks your going to be very disappointed in November, no matter who wins.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:37 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
I wasn't involved in the decisions she made in regard to who to marry, how many children to have, what kind of car to drive, where to live so etc., etc, it was hers, it would be wrong for me to interfere in the road she chose to travel. Good luck, wish you the best, hope your future decisions work out better for you. That's all the help I'm willing to give you.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:41 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobHunter2018 View Post
lol...Joe Biden has been instrumental in his 44 years of high level government service of maintaining the system of institutionalized negligence that's occurring. Comical you don't see it and are expecting it to end with the hapless Democrats running this fall.

Old 09-09-2020, 08:03 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,559,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Vote democrat.... LOL The first 2 years of Obama's presidency he had full control of the government and did absolutely nothing, he waited until the dems lost house and senate to proclaim all the great things he would like too do, because he knew full well that they would never pass.
Me thinks your going to be very disappointed in November, no matter who wins.
well... he did ram obamacare through at the last second before he lost full control. just saying.

the way it was done was impressive, in a way. lol

Old 09-09-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It is but she also never paid me back the $$ I gave her!!
Lol pragmatic on her part if it was a gift and not a loan on yours

Old 09-09-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
So many posters are all "She made bad decisions!" about the woman in the article. Her main problems are the abusive husband who flew the coop in January, and the autistic kid that she can't leave alone which forecloses on her ability to even apply for regular jobs. She didn't "choose" that. If it was just herself, there would be no problem. Indeed, I often point out that poor people are rarely all of these 3 at one time - 1) single, 2) physically and mentally healthy, 3) free of family burdens. A single healthy person with no attachments may not be rich, but it's easy enough for that person to not be poor.

We all can criticize single mothers for having sex with people who end up being untrustworthy, but there are no guarantees in life that someone you have a kid with will always be dependable.

I know women whose previously dependable partners/husbands just upped and left one day. Or they became undependable over time, e.g.: developed drug and alcohol problems. There's no guarantee someone won't do that to you, even when they seem, at a given moment in time, to have everything together.

Speaking for myself, when my dad was young, he was the spitting image of a strapping successful man with a successful business and came from a family with property and a long history of being leaders in the community. And it was good. For a time.

My mom could not have predicted that 20 years in the future, when my dad got sick in his 50s, he would lose his s***. Not only was he not able to work, and his health insurance fail to pay out on claims, but he started to handle things illogically, made bad decisions with what money was left because when you're in distress and think you're going to die the next day, you don't think straight. Not to mention the cocktail of prescription drugs he was on messing with his mind, and what I think was a prescription drug addiction that he wouldn't admit.

A huge chunk of my mom's retirement savings went to his medical bills, debts, taking care of him when he basically became a shut-in, and dealing with the aftermath of his business collapsing. Which happened at exactly the wrong time in her savings arc... when you're in your 50s and need to be saving more than ever. Things were bad until he died. She has enough to survive now, but not nearly what could have been. And that's a relatively moderate problem given what people can go through, since my folks were fairly well off and had a lot of cushion to lose.

Health is everything. Mental and physical. Not only yourself but those in your immediate orbit you are co-dependent with. Without it you have nothing. The woman in the OP article has an autistic kid and an abusive, absent father - they are not a healthy family.
Actually her main problems is poor financial management and playing a victim. Your anecdotal is completely unrelated to the lady in the article's issues. Her income should be a steady income in the $100-200K range for just her car debt level and rent payments to even somewhat make sense. Yes she is struggling now, but that's a result of poor decisions made before hand. Yes life (or covid) can hit you when you least expect it, "nobody chose that", but you stand a better chance of not becoming a SOB story to generate revenue clicks on a news site if you manage your finances well, which is within your control. That is the whole reason why people need to be financially conservative, save for rainy days, and invest for their future.

Old 09-09-2020, 08:25 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
Actually her main problems is poor financial management and playing a victim. Your anecdotal is completely unrelated to the lady in the article's issues. Her income should be a steady income in the $100-200K range for just her car debt level and rent payments to even somewhat make sense. Yes she is struggling now, but that's a result of poor decisions made before hand. Yes life (or covid) can hit you when you least expect it, "nobody chose that", but you stand a better chance of not becoming a SOB story to generate revenue clicks on a news site if you manage your finances well, which is within your control. That is the whole reason why people need to be financially conservative, save for rainy days, and invest for their future.
Or we can take a callous attitude and encourage them to kill themselves, making the world a better place.

Old 09-09-2020, 02:07 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Or we can take a callous attitude and encourage them to kill themselves, making the world a better place.
Only Dems say things like that - she needs to dig herself out, getting rid of high cost items she can no longer afford but no one is encouraging "them" to kill themselves - what liberal BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics