Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 12:22 PM

106,703 posts, read 108,880,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
That’s what these doomers don’t understand. If I buy a house with $200,000 of USD on Monday, there’s extremely small currency risk by Friday....or next month....or a year later. I have stability in terms of currency by and large.

Using Bitcoin to do it? Good luck. That $200,000 house could have cost you 10 bitcoins and 6 months later those bitcoins are worth 1/4 as much.

Large corporations are hesitant to operate in functional currencies overseas and often try to get out of them into USD. Imagine how terrified anyone who actually knows what they’re doing would be of holding Bitcoin.
I pretty much stopped these ridiculous doomer discussions that go into these zombie apocalypse scenarios ....let them knock themselves out with all the theories and doomer visions.

I will continue to learn to play the cards I am dealt and what will be will be ..it is nothing I can control or solve and I have no interest in dwelling on it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2020, 01:35 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
The stock market is soaring because of $2 trillion in direct payment corporate welfare, plus the Fed made $6.5 trillion in free credit available to corporate borrowers.

Old 11-26-2020, 02:00 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Nope.

The DOW is now suffering from asset hyperinflation in light of the small problem I affectionately refer to as QE 2.2^10

This is why Bitcoin and Gold are surging.
Most of the investors in cryptocurrencies are in Asia so they're not affected by a rise in the dollar in the same way as gold investors. They devalue their currencies, especially Japan, versus the dollar.

QE is moving toward taper in 2022 and gone by 2023 when interest rate increases are planned. The central banks' handshake is on for Europe to increase their buys.

There will be a short-term equity market decline when the US dollar rises. $USD has been forming a long base since the Spring.

Old 11-26-2020, 02:06 PM

106,703 posts, read 108,880,922 times
The real answer is no one knows what will end up being .....

The big bond gurus swore we would see 4% before we hit 2% when rates were rising ...the truth is noooooooo one knows what will be with any of the markets

Old 11-26-2020, 02:22 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
They thought that the markets could handle reversion to a freer market. That was probably the goal to revert the 10-year yield to the previous maintained level during the 2000's. There is quite a difference between predicting markets and predicting policy. Policy can be telegraphed but can be subject to change. So far, that is the policy that the central banks have indicated if you decide to read anything other than user posts. The market is the kettle on the boil that the policy makers are constantly watching.

Old 11-26-2020, 02:48 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,487,156 times
why is the cryto market tanking now,Bitcoin lost 1678,does not bode well for tomorrow when market opens;European market tanks as well

Old 11-26-2020, 06:04 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The stock market is soaring because of $2 trillion in direct payment corporate welfare, plus the Fed made $6.5 trillion in free credit available to corporate borrowers.
^^^Pretty much this.

Old 11-27-2020, 12:36 AM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It's not "different this time" actually. All bubbles must burst, that is a law as fundamental as thermodynamics and gravity. This bubble is just so monstrous, and the consequences of its bursting so horrific, that the Central Banks and governments are doing everything in their power to keep it inflated. The only thing that will stop this madness is a crackup boom (which is coming).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
actually we have had so few real crashes where valuations met what were not considered bubbles based on fundamentals and valuations you were on the wrong side of the trade 90% of the time if you bet on the bubble bursting.

bubbles and crashes are likely the most over used words in investing
Perhaps this bubble will stay the way it is without much in the way of increases or decreases for years. Isn't that the way it was in the 1970s, sans bubble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Nope.

The DOW is now suffering from asset hyperinflation in light of the small problem I affectionately refer to as QE 2.2^10

This is why Bitcoin and Gold are surging.
What is the part of your post I highlighted?

Old 11-29-2020, 09:40 AM

6,463 posts, read 3,154,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
some really nice cars in line to pick up free food. Let's hope everyone has a nice holiday.
I think that it would be rather safe to assume that the people "in the nice cars" had them long before the pandemic struck, coming completely out of left field. Therefore, what are they supposed to do with the car?

Old 11-29-2020, 12:50 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
It’s different this time, they have computers and, and...magic!
Don’t forget unicorns gliding on rainbows. And Oompa Loompas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics