Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 05:46 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
you dont have the foresight which is why the same doom and gloom predictions and peak oil predictions in thread after thread just become nonsensical. repeating the same thing over and over does not make it any more correct ..
Peak oil is actually coming but hard to notice when casual and passenger air demand dropped like a rock due to COVID.

There's only a few easily accessible shale deposits left, most in North America. I suppose this is where most of the dinosaurs died in the world...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2020, 06:10 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Peak oil is actually coming but hard to notice when casual and passenger air demand dropped like a rock due to COVID.

There's only a few easily accessible shale deposits left, most in North America. I suppose this is where most of the dinosaurs died in the world...
my death is coming one day too , but i don't obsess with it daily or don't invest or plan for what has been , what is , and what stands a reasonable chance of being .

when one becomes so obsessed with something they think will play out it hurts them financially usually .... especially when they have no control over what it is .

Old 12-05-2020, 06:20 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times
Quote:

Hey dude, since you’re an expert on this stuff, what do you think the dinosaurs used for energy? I saw a Jurassic park movie where they were driving motorcycles one time using fossil fuels.

Old 12-05-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Hey dude, since you’re an expert on this stuff, what do you think the dinosaurs used for energy? I saw a Jurassic park movie where they were driving motorcycles one time using fossil fuels.
Vegetation and Cannibalism

Old 12-05-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my death is coming one day too , but i don't obsess with it daily or don't invest or plan for what has been , what is , and what stands a reasonable chance of being .

when one becomes so obsessed with something they think will play out it hurts them financially usually .... especially when they have no control over what it is .
Mathjak you are old. I have to be on this planet for at least another 50 years potentially.

We're never going to agree. It's easy for you not to care what happens 10 years from now.

Then there's my nephew. He could live to 2100. Can you imagine what the world will be like then at this rate?

Old 12-05-2020, 07:40 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Mathjak you are old. I have to be on this planet for at least another 50 years potentially.

We're never going to agree. It's easy for you not to care what happens 10 years from now.

Then there's my nephew. He could live to 2100. Can you imagine what the world will be like then at this rate?
we still have the factors that doomsayers were saying were supposed to do us in and end the world as we knew it since i was born .

Old 12-05-2020, 07:45 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
The next crisis most likely won’t be as bad as the cumulative amount and stress the doomsayers have put themselves under over the last decade. Not to mention the financial damage they’ve done avoiding the market collapse as well

Old 12-05-2020, 07:46 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
What does currency/sovereign debt mean? The part where we are trillions in debt? Or?

Old 12-05-2020, 08:45 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,484,106 times
why dont you ask Argentina govt?
But we arent upset by US sovereign debt,the talk of infrastructure spending is music to private sectors,think of all the businesses for CAT,DE,MMM,GM,C,F,LMT,BA,cement,steel,cables,etc etc
Oh,a weak US dollar means we can now compete in the overseas markets,pity the Swiss

Old 12-05-2020, 11:16 AM

480 posts, read 316,943 times
It is good to be prepared on the personal level, for the crisis that will affect YOU.

You know, have a 6 month emergency cash supply, 2-3 months non perishable food on hand, maybe a portable electric generator and 20 gallons of gas Battery powered tools and lights, I like the Ryobi 18V tool system myself.

Keep your car gassed up, good tires on it, etc.

While there is virtually nothing we can do about a global pandemic, but we can wear mask, lose weight, exercise, etc.

Same with a financial crisis. We can't stop it from happening, but we can mitigate around ourselves.
That's what we should focus on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics