Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,062 times

Advertisements

As everyone knows, Chinese productions are cheap, but the quality is hard to say.
How do you think buy from China in the bad economic?
Maybe after the Olympic game, the quality will be better than before.
Mod cut
Just my suggestion... How about you?
Vivian

Last edited by Waterlily; 11-25-2008 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: no ads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 PM

335 posts, read 1,209,027 times
Default just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivian00 View Post
As everyone knows, Chinese productions are cheap, but the quality is hard to say.
How do you think buy from China in the bad economic?
Maybe after the Olympic game, the quality will be better than before.

Just my suggestion... How about you?
Vivian
but me learnie engrish before me post on thread. just me say me likey many thing chinese like the noodle but the quality hard to say.me like olympic game very nice to sport the see,. me no like the spam site on the internet web machine

Last edited by Waterlily; 11-25-2008 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: Taking out ad link

Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
On black Friday, I looked at almost every clothing rack in my local J C Penney's. Ya know what I saw? MADE IN CHINA on almost every sweater, jacket, and pair of pants. I came home with tights MADE IN USA. That's all. Does that answer your question, vivian?

Old 11-30-2008, 08:59 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,156,146 times
Its not hard to find clothes that aren't made in China. Of course your options are rather limited if you instance of American made products though.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:54 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Try buying hamster treats that aren't made in China. In a wall of different dood at Petsmart..I found two. Out of like 30.

Ham-Ham loves hamster treats. Nibble...nibble....nibble. Go! Go! Ham-Ham!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:27 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
I am tired of made in China crap.

That is how I feel about Chinese products.

I'd rather pay more and buy American. However, its basically too late for that, because we don't make anything anymore.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:31 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,156,146 times
You can still find a lot of American made products, you just have to look. Despite all the hate towards them, Wal-mart actually sells a lot of American made products. Most often made by their private label brands.

But Chinese products are low quality because the Companies sourcing the work in China aren't requesting high quality products. The Chinese are perfectly able to make good products, but that requires the company spending money on product research etc.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:13 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Chinese audiophile equipment is one area that is becoming more impressive each year.

Making waves in hi-fi circles / Chinese manufacturers impress audiophiles with quality products

Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
I compared Lowes (made in China) toolboxes with Craftsman (made in US) at the same price level and the difference in quality was overwhelming. On one hand you get drawers that don't line up right and don't feel right when you open and close them, vs. the other where you get ball bearing sliders and good tolerances between panels. I went Craftsman.

Same thing with sockets... a family member gave me a set that was made in China. While changing out a water pump a couple of weeks ago a socket rounded off and damaged the bolt head along with the tool. A regular wrench would only slip off, and it took a set of sockets for damaged bolts (American made, Craftsman again) to get the things off so I could do the job. It was at that point where I was finally tired of buying things that only sort of work. Now I look where things are made when I buy so I can get something that will last.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 AM

707 posts, read 1,293,525 times
Most of product made in China is c.r.a.p. Many companies have begun to reassess their China sourcing strategies because the quality is so poor. I lived their for several years and was always amazed at how they cut corners on production to save a penny. Workers sleeping in the factories, safety hazards everywhere, no regard for environment,truly a frightening place. I think every CEO who outsources their business to China should be required to work in a plant there for 6 months to reinforce his decision making process. And these blowhards claim they are making the world a better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics