Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:12 PM

7 posts, read 24,243 times

Advertisements

Although TraVerus is a network marketing company, it is a REAL travel business. The network marketing aspect is optional. You can earn simply by marketing your travel website and earning commissions from booking travel.

They have tons of training on how to book travel from all of the different vendors (cruise lines, Disney, hotel chains, etc.)

If you like to travel, agents can get some screaming deals. For example you can rent condos in fantastic places all over the world (Las Vegas, Maui, Cabo, etc) for under $50 per night.

Also, you might want to take a second look at Network Marketing - people who have a lot of business savy are recommending it - people like Donald Trump, Robert Kiyosaki and Warren Buffet.

If you think about it, corporate America is the ultimate pyramid scheme - the people at the top make 90% of the money and try to pay as few people as little as possible. In network marketing the goal is to have as many people as possible making as much as possible. No one else is holding you down or denying you a raise or promotion - it's all up to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 05:29 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,073 times
Avoid Worldwide Travel or Traverus...pyramid scheme big time. I just started a forum about travel for families that I started for families. Place to get tips and get real comments from people that have been there. There are good travel agencies out there, just ask alot of questions. If they ask for tons of money up front (red flag). If you have to get others to sign up under you...Pyramind...the biggest loser is YTB.

Sonia
Travel-4-Kids - Making Travel Safe for Families... (http://travel4kids.ning.com/ - broken link)

Last edited by Sunnnee; 01-13-2009 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM

4 posts, read 11,774 times
Cool CTC (Certified Travel Counselor)

I beg to differ with those who say that travel agents are a dying breed. I am an independent travel agent with nearly 44 years in the travel & tourism industry under my belt. My expertise in guiding my clients through trips around the world has tremendous value; and I have 400 to 500 clients in my data base.

Yes, you can go online to Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, etc. and book your own trips. You can get advice on Trip Advisor.com, too. However, if you
are traveling to a country you are unfamiliar with, it's a good idea to consult a professional. Do you write your own will? Act as your own attorney in a lawsuit?

I am currently busier than ever since I became an independent 12 years ago. And correction: people have NOT stopped traveling, just because the economy is down. Since travel can be an aphrodisiac, provide rejuvenation, and offer experiences and culture one cannot get at home, people still love to experience it, and are doing so as much as ever.

No, there isn't much money to be made in the travel and tourism industry; but it has it's own unique rewards, and I get much satisfaction and fulfillment from guiding my clients through Italy, Australia, off-the-beaten-track destinations such as Nepal, Africa, etc. Contrary to popular belief, MONEY isn't EVERYTHING!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics