Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 03:09 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times

Advertisements

What is the world coming to?

Poughkeepsie High School student helped stop teacher's stabbing | The Poughkeepsie Journal | poughkeepsiejournal.com

It's a good thing this young man had the presence of mind and the physical ability to stop this or one teacher might be dead. She was stabbed 16 times with a screw driver.

Shocked Poughkeepsie school deals with stabbing of teacher; colleague faces felony counts | The Journal News | LoHud.com | LoHud.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 04:10 PM

220 posts, read 377,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
What is the world coming to?

Poughkeepsie High School student helped stop teacher's stabbing | The Poughkeepsie Journal | poughkeepsiejournal.com

It's a good thing this young man had the presence of mind and the physical ability to stop this or one teacher might be dead. She was stabbed 16 times with a screw driver.

Shocked Poughkeepsie school deals with stabbing of teacher; colleague faces felony counts | The Journal News | LoHud.com | LoHud.com
There just about HAS to be mental illness involved, doesn't there?

Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBanson View Post
Teaching is a very high stress profession. I used to wonder why we have so much time off of school. Since becomming a teacher, I know. We'd crack if we didn't know we have the summer to recharge. It does not surprise me that some crack under the stress. I can't imagine being trapped in this profession. At least I know if it gets that bad I can leave and go back into industry.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 PM

45,427 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBanson View Post

No. We've had a couple of these (not this severe, mostly weave on the floor) in my system involving love affairs/triangles.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM

471 posts, read 1,607,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
.....mostly weave on the floor

Old 12-24-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lije Baley View Post

Hair extensions. They're the first thing to go when women/girls fight.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:45 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
No. We've had a couple of these (not this severe, mostly weave on the floor) in my system involving love affairs/triangles.
TEACHERS fighting? Seriously?

You know, when I was growing up, you rarely even saw any girls or women fighting physically. Certainly, we did not see adults doing this. Even in the inner city Chicago school I taught at, while the kids got into fights, I cannot imagine two teachers doing so.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
TEACHERS fighting? Seriously?

You know, when I was growing up, you rarely even saw any girls or women fighting physically. Certainly, we did not see adults doing this. Even in the inner city Chicago school I taught at, while the kids got into fights, I cannot imagine two teachers doing so.

If you have a VP sleeping with both and impregnating one, these things occur.

If you have a Principal sleeping with a Counselor, and her husband (another Principal) finds out, you have them at Principal's meetings.

They haven't been limited to heterosexual relationships, we've had quite a few lesbians duke it out.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:12 AM

973 posts, read 1,705,954 times
Quote:
If you have a VP sleeping with both and impregnating one, these things occur.

If you have a Principal sleeping with a Counselor, and her husband (another Principal) finds out, you have them at Principal's meetings.

They haven't been limited to heterosexual relationships, we've had quite a few lesbians duke it out.

Good Lord....so much for teachers being role models....but then, are we really suppose to be?? That question has been bandied about for decades.

But what happened in this instance, first, I don't think it was really a "fight" but an "attack" as I do think the woman "flipped out" since she thought she was going to lose her job per that article or the one after that. But I haven't read what happened after the second day, to confirm anything.

But none-the-less, I use to think that educated people were beyond acting in this manner....but obviously I am wrong.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
These are as old as time. Don't kid yourselves.

When I was in Jr. High in the sixties one of the male teachers was killed in a car accident. Two of the 30ish female teachers went to his funeral each acting like the grieving girlfriend and thinking they were the one and only. He'd been having an affair with both of them as it turns out.

Fisticuffs broke out at the funeral between these two women. It was the talk of the school for months. (And the best part was the two women were best friends. That guy must have been really covering his bases.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education