Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 08:11 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
You have stated the naughtiest thing you did in high-school was bring a water pistol to school - and you’re calling someone else a Debbie Downer, lol.

Exactly, fun is usually the point and/or being part of the crowd; I went a step further and said it’s a ‘normal’ part of growing up as well i.e. to learn and experiment. Point is, do you think the kids that were soaked in urine from a super-soaker thought it was fun? The kid was being antagonistic/hostile/antisocial - not ‘fun’; from my perspective, it’s bizarre you continue to argue the distinction - in an Education Forum, no less.

Nah; I have great memories and enjoyed my teen years as much as the next guy - probably more so. That said, I was certainly not immune to peer pressure/stupid choices sometimes re: immaturity or as part of a crowd.

Too funny, water polo or field hockey, lol? Actually, basketball and baseball in high-school; baseball in college. I have given several examples (which you previously/bizarrely accused me of ‘disavowing’).

Obviously, it wasn’t all just that; but a few of them did get very ‘naughty’, per the thread (as opposed to ‘illicit’).
Thanks for all the added commentary; I really just wanted to see if you'd share your sports!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 08:24 AM

8,667 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I really just wanted to see if you'd share your sports!
No problem; all you had to do was ask. Those are the two I played the most, until I was strongly encouraged to focus (only) on baseball/pitching (scholarship). Hence my previous post(s) in the thread re: the threat of being kicked off the baseball team (that I probably didn’t always take as seriously as I should have).

Old 01-22-2023, 11:31 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
In my freshman year in college (also my ONLY year of college. lol), the big thing at that time (mid-70s) was hitting people in the face with pies. One fraternity at our college had a "Pie Mafia". For $3, you could have a student hit with a pie (really just whipped cream on a paper plate), $5 for faculty, $25 for Campus Security, and $75 for the college president. I forked out $5 for my Econ teacher. They called him to the door, somebody popped him with the pie and he chased them down 3 flights of stairs before they got away. He never knew who paid for it!

Old 01-22-2023, 03:55 PM

565 posts, read 471,923 times
Hmm, it's been a long time, I remember a couple things that weren't too evil. We went on a field trip in the school bus to the state fair. On the way back we stopped at a gas station in a small town. My friend and I shoplifted two six packs of beer and drank it on the way home with our delinquent friends.

Next I was at a high school dance and was slow dancing and kissing with my honey (she dear Johned me when I was in the Marines). I got carried away and stuck my hand up the back of her blouse. Whack! The Spanish teacher slapped me hard in the side of the head and asked "what the hell are you doing?" Of course, all I could do was stand there and look stupid.

Karma punished me later by making me a parent. My middle son turned my hair gray. My oldest grandkid is 15 and in high school. I told him it was up to him to break the family curse, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education