Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:46 AM

411 posts, read 416,100 times

Advertisements

Stealing cigarettes out of the teachers handbag in high school.

It was a particularly ballsy thing to do because I did it right under her nose and this teacher was psychotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 08:36 AM

223 posts, read 300,224 times
Default Naughty Things in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nothing. I was every teacher's dream.

I did once get taken down for something a friend of mine did; the hs principal was in a mood to make an example, and dissuade other people from hanging out with this girl, and attempted to play then "See what happens when you associate with these types? You get taken down by association" game" My parents met with him, and while the consequence wasn't rescinded, they were very open that, no, they were not in favor of his tactics of socially pressuring students to "not be friends" with others, and I knew that I wasn't in trouble with THEM for being friends with a girl the principal wasn't fond of. It was the only time I was ever disciplined at school, in 13 years of public schooling.
I think I would have reported that principal to the school board! He isn't the type who should be a principal.

I was one of those students who were the teacher's dreams. I was very shy in school and terrified of the teachers. Actually, back when I was in school, most of the students were scared of the teachers. It's a different world out there now.

Every year there were a few boys who would get sent to the principal's office for smoking on the school grounds or got caught having a beer party on the weekend. The beer party had nothing to do with school. It was not even on school grounds. The school just had high expectations of the students' behavior. The students would be punished by being suspended for a certain number of days...or if they were in sports, they would be kicked off the football team...or whatever.

Once in a while one of the boys would get sent to the principal's office for mouthing off to a teacher.
Every year in high school, there was gossip about the one or two girls who would become pregnant. They would be sent away by their parents either to a "home for unwed mothers" or to visit a distant relative. There was always some made up excuse for their absence, but everyone knew the truth.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:14 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,632 times
On advice from counsel, this question will remain unanswered, as it will violate my 5th amendment right from self-incrimination.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:32 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,142,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Sassy View Post

Every year in high school, there was gossip about the one or two girls who would become pregnant. They would be sent away by their parents either to a "home for unwed mothers" or to visit a distant relative. There was always some made up excuse for their absence, but everyone knew the truth.
We had those too. It was so fake. People could sort of believe that a HS girl would go to visit their aunt in New York City or Los Angeles or some other exciting place for a few months, but to believe that they visited their aunt or grandma in Podunk, any boring state was ridiculous.

Although, one classmate did her pregnancy in a different way. She was a junior, dating a man a few years older and employed in construction. She continued to attend school throughout her pregnancy but just wore big, over sized shirts (which were in fashion at that time). The week after school ended, she got married and the next week had a child. The following year she returned to finish her senior year as a married woman. Although, I did not know her well (we had almost 900 students in my grade) I believe that they stayed married at least for a few decades (the last I heard).

She sat right next to me in HS English and I never knew, or even suspected, that she was pregnant.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:17 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,980,478 times
I'm too ashamed to mention my level of involvement.
It had something to do with teachers coffeecup, hit of acid, and
Well, Nevermind I've said too much.......

Old 08-20-2014, 04:15 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,922,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
At least reading between the lines, there's maybe a little guilt. That is a good step towards your recovery.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Somebody needsa spanking !!!

Old 08-20-2014, 05:12 PM

10,228 posts, read 6,314,125 times
Catholic Girls HS back in the 60s. Our uniform skirt had to touch the ground when we knelt down. In the age of the mini skirt, this was just plain DOWDY. Other girls used to roll up their skirts at the waistband, which the Nuns always caught.

My Mom was a seamstress. She CUT the hem and sewed it so they could not tell. It looked just like it came from the uniform supplier!!!! Regret asking her to do that? Hell, NO.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:26 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Love your post. Making of a true rebel !!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:10 PM

6,792 posts, read 9,344,447 times
I was a good student overall, however, when I was in high school, one of the clubs I was involved with organized a field trip to Washington, DC. I grew up in Pennsylvania and was part of a group of 5 who had never seen the White House up close. We had some free time built into the schedule for the day, but were told not to leave the part of the mall near the Smithsonian. We decided, however, to leave the area and walk to the White House instead so that we could take pictures. We walked to the White House, took pictures of ourselves standing in front of the fence, and then flagged a cab to take us back to the Smithsonian (hey, we were in high school, and to us, taxis were exciting and 'big city'). The best part is that the cab DROVE RIGHT BY the teacher in charge, but luckily didn't get caught -- we told the driver to drop us off farther down the street.

Ok, I guess this was one of those "you had to be there" kind of things, but we would have been in huge trouble if caught!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education