Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 07:45 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,394,692 times

Advertisements

The GOP in SC has elected as many black senators to Congress as all the blue states in the country combined.

Democrats could not win elections without black voters nearly voting 100 percent for them, but only 1 black Democrat senator in the congress and GOP who has few black voters has matched them.

Also, how many liberals would have voted for Tim Scott in SC, how many supported Clarence Thomas for supreme court? Did you not know that our only black supreme court justice is a Republican when you asserted all the white racists came over to the GOP side?

Bush's national security team were both black, Powell and Rice, these were not token positions and no Democrat has matched that, including Obama.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 06-04-2016 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: fixed typos for clarity.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:27 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Violence Breaks Out at Trump Rally in San Jose, Protesters Hurl Eggs, Throw Punches, Intimidate Supporters - ABC News

Liberal anti-Trump protestors attacked Trump supporters in San Jose yesterday. Not a seeing a whole lot of education there.
Not that I necessarily agree with the premise of this thread, but this is not really what the original claim was.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
nobody switched parties.

Robert KKK Byrd didn't switch and Obama eulogized and gushed over him.

It doesn't make sense that white racists who know KKK Byrd and Al Gore's father went to bat for them to filibuster the Civil rights act then switched to the GOP over the decades. these were liberal voters, they don't just stop caring about liberalism and start voting conservaties.

gay marriage and what happened to blacks are no way similar. you guys love to equate the two. many black people including those who generally vote Democrat opposed government benefits for gay marriage.

Democrat party has always gotten the poor vote. it owned the south back in its racist days because most of the white people were poor. obviously there are a lot of poor black voters. The fact that black voters vote Democrat does not disprove most of the white racists have been Democrats. why would white racist hav ea problem with black voters voting the way they want?

Generallly racists are poor and uneducated, and the Democrat party wins most of the poor and uneducated. That is the whole point o their party, lock up the poor party with big government spending and entitlements.

prior to Obama, the previous Democrat presidents or candidates had ties to old south racism and segregationists, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Gore. Gore was the son of one of the two men who filibustered the 1964 civil rights act. CLinton was the protege of William Fullbright who supported segregation. Clinton gave him a Presdiential Medal of Freedom. LBJ said several incredibly racist things.

meanwhile , GOP has had Nixon, an integregationist, Reagan, the Bushes, McCain, Romney and now Trump, none of which ahve any ties wo th the old south. but you try to say GOP is the racist party.

some racists no doubt did vote for GOP when Obama won his primaries, that doesn't mean the GOP is racist. it means GOP was only alternative. Obama won a ton of votes simply b/c he is black so that goes both ways.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Old 06-04-2016, 09:50 AM

southern strategy is a myth put forth by the historic racist party, the Democrat party. They have motivation to confuse the public about their history.

Nixon was a supporter of integration and was praised by MLK. The racist in that campaign was the Democrat governor of Alabama, George Wallace.

if you are so educated as a liberal, why don't you know Nixon was for civil rights and George Wallace was the racist in that election?

Wikipedia is a liberal website. in that article you cite, they describe liberal voters who supported liberal Democrats like FDR and LBJ as 'conservatives', simply because they were racist.

When the south was racist, it was owned by the Democrat party, who had the same liberal views on econonomics and tax policy as the current Democrat party. Most of those racists were also liberals.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
southern strategy is a myth put forth by the historic racist party, the Democrat party. They have motivation to confuse the public about their history.

Nixon was a supporter of integration and was praised by MLK. The racist in that campaign was the Democrat governor of Alabama, George Wallace.

if you are so educated as a liberal, why don't you know Nixon was for civil rights and George Wallace was the racist in that election?

Wikipedia is a liberal website. in that article you cite, they describe liberal voters who supported liberal Democrats like FDR and LBJ as 'conservatives', simply because they were racist.

When the south was racist, it was owned by the Democrat party, who had the same liberal views on econonomics and tax policy as the current Democrat party. Most of those racists were also liberals.
Well there's no sense in getting into a drawn-out debate with an ideologue. Congrats, you win, as your award you get to continue enjoying your delusion unchallenged from me.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:45 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
My father - who was always an agnostic skeptic when I was growing up - asked me once if evolution was a thing, why there weren't fish who could walk on ground. I promptly showed him a video of mudskippers and blew his mind. He rarely challenges me on anything scientific as a result, these days.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Well there's no sense in getting into a drawn-out debate with an ideologue. Congrats, you win, as your award you get to continue enjoying your delusion unchallenged from me.
i love it when liberal ideologues pretend they are not. You can't refute me so you sneer at me. Anybody that uses the Nixon was a racist with a Southern strategy talking point is a liberal ideologue. He was for school integration and civil rights, so it doesn't make any sense to have Nixon at the center of a theory about how Republican used race to win the south.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
My father - who was always an agnostic skeptic when I was growing up - asked me once if evolution was a thing, why there weren't fish who could walk on ground. I promptly showed him a video of mudskippers and blew his mind. He rarely challenges me on anything scientific as a result, these days.
send your father this link The Top Ten Scientific Problems with Biological and Chemical Evolution | Center for Science and Culture

Old 06-07-2016, 04:00 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I honestly think if I see something like the above one more time, I'll shoot my computer. There's this "urban legend" so to speak, that educated people are inept in every other aspect of life. In point of fact, it is my experience that in general the more educated a person is, the more "together" s/he is as well. As an example, my spouse has a PhD in physics, and he can also fix a car, do home repairs, etc. I've worked a lot with lesser educated people, and lots of them wouldn't know which end of the hammer to pound the nail in with or even, in some extreme cases, what a hammer was! Of course, none of this is true across the board for every individual, but it seems true in general.
Not only that, but it's my impression that the more educated a person is, the better he is at tracking down information in areas where he's ignorant.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
i love it when liberal ideologues pretend they are not. You can't refute me so you sneer at me. Anybody that uses the Nixon was a racist with a Southern strategy talking point is a liberal ideologue. He was for school integration and civil rights, so it doesn't make any sense to have Nixon at the center of a theory about how Republican used race to win the south.
There can be nuance in reality, no? Nixon was certainly more progressive than many of his contemporaries when it came to civil rights, however he, like many other Republicans at the time, were well-versed in using dog whistles to ensure that they could earn white votes in the South. Reagan was a master at using the tactics.

The elections results speak for themselves: African-Americans vote overwhelmingly for Democrats and have done so for a few decades now because they correctly realize that the Republicans don't have their best interests at heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education