Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,941 times

Advertisements

Good evening I was wondering about finding my old school records onling, even if you can't remember the name of the school. It's in Manhattan never want to high school. dose anyone have any idea how to go about it? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie48 View Post
Good evening I was wondering about finding my old school records onling, even if you can't remember the name of the school. It's in Manhattan never want to high school. dose anyone have any idea how to go about it? thanks
Do you remember the address or at least the general area the school was in. Manhattan is a large area. Also the year you went to this school might help some. You may, however, be out of luck if the school is no longer around.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:48 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,422,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Do you remember the address or at least the general area the school was in. Manhattan is a large area. Also the year you went to this school might help some. You may, however, be out of luck if the school is no longer around.
The records should still be in storage at least. My high school shut down and they sent the records to some storage facility clear across the State.

OP you need to contact the educational dept for your County and inquire with them. Youll need to at least know the proximity of where it was.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,941 times
Hi, it somewhere in the upper east side or west side Manhattan in the 1970's that's all I can remember but one thing for sure my teacher's and it was a Jewish neighborhood that I know

Old 11-26-2016, 06:11 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
You should check with the school board.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:42 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Some larger school districts save their records for years, but you typically have to at least know the school and years for them to perform the search because they'll either be in archives or on microfiche tapes. They're not going to be able to pull every school from year X to see if they might be able to find your record. The school board might be able to tell you what schools were around at that time and if you can recognize the name, then that would be a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education