Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 09:28 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Álvarez does not believe it. Since her video was broadcast, “more than 30 mothers in Miami have written to me in solidarity because their children have done the same thing.”
Let this be a warning to parents who are considering a move to this school district. There are least 31 crazies running loose in the schools and their parents think it's okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 10:06 PM

587 posts, read 225,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC
What do you do with a child who is repeatedly punching a teacher? He looked a little tall for a 7 year old - this isn't like a 3 year old punching.
I suppose he got what he deserved...... Bullying a teacher??

I tell ya,they keep getting younger and younger doing violent things!!!

Old 02-01-2018, 05:39 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
probably not. He will grow up to become a big ****er because his parents are already ****ers. And once he is a big ****er he will end up in prison for his **** and his **** and maybe some ** ************
Sadly, you're probably right. Then taxpayers will be feeding his worthless ass in prison.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:27 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Ugh.. it makes me sick how some people won't take responsibility for their actions or admit they're wrong.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-sc...ching-teacher/

What rights do teachers have?
What rights do 7 year olds have?
Should he have been cuffed?
Are the parents laying the ground work for their lawsuit?

Can the school system and the police emerge from this with their reputation untarnished?
This is a very sad commentary, and not on the boy. Rather on the incompetent school administrators who can't figure out a better way of dealing with an unruly seven year old, other then calling the cops on him.

Where will it stop? What is the minimum age to be arrested in this country? How long before we see a two year old in daycare, hit another kid, and get taken out in handcuffes and charged with assault? This is complete insanity.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Anyone remember when the schools could paddle kids? I went to a public school and I remember in 5th (about 40 yrs ago) grade there was one child that was so bad he got the paddle daily. It was a big red paddle! The teacher would get out the paddle so the entire class could see and then take the boy into a separate room. Of course our parents had to sign off for it to be done (mine didn't), but after hearing the kid scream who got it, no one else dared to be bad regardless!!
I remember it, and I don't remember it doing a lot of good. It was mostly the same kids getting paddled over and over again. For the most part, it just made them angrier and angrier. Then they caused still. more trouble. Which is what I expect will happen with this kid.

It seems like it would be a better idea to bring in a school psychologist, to come up with a plan for dealing with problems like this.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:24 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,084,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
This is a very sad commentary, and not on the boy. Rather on the incompetent school administrators who can't figure out a better way of dealing with an unruly seven year old, other then calling the cops on him.

Where will it stop? What is the minimum age to be arrested in this country? How long before we see a two year old in daycare, hit another kid, and get taken out in handcuffes and charged with assault? This is complete insanity.
Even crazier is the angry mob on this thread thats cheering on, seething at the mouth, and relishing the fact that a seven year old got dragged out of a school in handcuffs. And that some of these may actually be teachers.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:46 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:

The teacher wanted to press charges, so, what do you expect the school to do? They cannot prevent the teacher from contacting police and pressing charges. The teacher was in fact assaulted, and she felt it was to a degree that it was criminal.

When will it stop? Maybe when the parents actually acknowledge their kid has an issue.

As explained already, the handcuffs are part of the procedure for detaining, and it is for the safety of the cop and person being detained. If the kid would have injured himself and the cop did not follow procedure for detaining, such as handcuffing, and I am sure that the parents would have sued over it.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The teacher wanted to press charges, so, what do you expect the school to do? They cannot prevent the teacher from contacting police and pressing charges. The teacher was in fact assaulted, and she felt it was to a degree that it was criminal.

When will it stop? Maybe when the parents actually acknowledge their kid has an issue.

As explained already, the handcuffs are part of the procedure for detaining, and it is for the safety of the cop and person being detained. If the kid would have injured himself and the cop did not follow procedure for detaining, such as handcuffing, and I am sure that the parents would have sued over it.
Fire the teacher. You can't press assault charges on a seven year old. No charges were filed, and no charges will be filed. Any adult who can't handle a physical altercation with a 50 pound 4 foot tall child should not be allowed around children, and should not be working in a school.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:12 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
Quote:
Fire the teacher. You can't press assault charges on a seven year old. No charges were filed. Any adult who can't handle a physical altercation with a 50 pound 4 foot tall child should not be allowed around children, and should not be working in a school.
I would think most, if not all adults, could easily handle a physical altercation with a 7 year old, but how, and is that something society prefers to be in the hands of private individuals? Nobody looks good in that kind of altercation. Many of us would rather see an individual adequately equipped for restraint to protect everyone involved, including the 7 year old.

Several people have eluded to the real problem. Personal responsibility of the parent. They seem to have abdicated that responsibility in favor of protestation and passing the blame. If they had stepped to the plate prior to this and dealt with the aggressive behavior it may not have come to this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education