Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 11:26 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Thanks, Jtab - if anyone here is CSB, or has some (not obvious) insight or course of action, I'd appreciate it, feel free to message me if needed. This has gone on long enough.
It sounds like a difficult situation. As others have pointed out, CPS isn’t going to do much unless there are obvious signs of neglect, abuse, or exploitation. I worked with CPS/APS in my last job and we often had trouble getting traction even when it was clear someone was in a desperate situation. If you luck out, sometimes you can find a skilled/knowledgeable investigator who is dedicated to the job, but in many cases they are young, untrained, and simply don’t have the time to devote to doing a good job. I know at my last job, we had one awesome APS investigation as the basis of one of our actions (not sure if we initiated it or not) and then ended up poaching that person to do our inspections.

In other situations, we often had workers at my agency saying that they were having to train the CPS/APS workers on what they needed to do/look for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 03:27 AM

161 posts, read 83,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Classic line... "I raised mine (?), you raise yours!" "I don't want to touch them, they might have germs (or worse)."
That's horrible
My children's grandparents, both sides, Live out of state. One side in California, my parents in Maryland, and we normally see my parents every few months; this stupid pandemic has stopped us from flying there as we would have been there in May, but normally every few months they see the girls. But my husband's family in California sees them maybe once a year. Heck, the grandfather still hasn't seen the house we moved in a few years ago. My husband's mom came to visit a few times though.
But my mom has been here many times and so has my dad.

It's obviously sad when grandparents can't be bothered. The kids are only young once.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education