Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 12:58 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I saw that somewhere as well. Trying to remember which poll.
Well, with two of you now working on locating your "source" we should have it in no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2021, 07:29 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,855,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I was in schools for 3-4 years doing Math tutoring and teaching a remedial class to MS (yes, I'm certified).

I run fiscally conservative/socially liberal and I just kept my mouth shut. I found the teachers, in Texas, to be very liberal, very left leaning and didn't want to rock the boat.
After 39 years in public schools in a big school district, you must have been in a small town. Unions and Teacher Assoc. always promoted DEM candidates. I quit the Assoc. after having my dues support Jimmy Carter for president. Thanks to being in a right to work state.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:33 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,855,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Lot's of people outside of Q think the election was stolen. The poll I saw was something like 70 some percent of GOP and 30 percent of Democrats. It's a not a Q thing.
It is funny how we had to spend 2 years of Mueller for a "nothing burger" but yet any questions about 2020 were automatically shut down. Sorry, they can say it is "false claims" but I don't buy it. And quoting from the NYT or CNN is certainly not changing my mind.

Getting back on topic, I think those that went into the capital did overstep their bounds but Trump is not responsible for that ( listen to the tape) and his rally was perfectly justified. I am sorry the teacher got involved in this but "actions have consequences" whether justified or not.

Last edited by Rogarven; 04-24-2021 at 08:15 AM..

Old 04-24-2021, 10:24 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,822,244 times
Good Low-arrd, who gets their news from Yahoo?

She looks very good, for being 54.

Lastly, I'm trying to think of a teacher/instructor/facilitator that didn't interject some politics in class, at one time or another. I got 'nuthin'.

I've had to be careful when I was at the front of the class, myself.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:45 AM

43,058 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
After 39 years in public schools in a big school district, you must have been in a small town. Unions and Teacher Assoc. always promoted DEM candidates. I quit the Assoc. after having my dues support Jimmy Carter for president. Thanks to being in a right to work state.
I was in a small town (5K population). Education has always favored the progressives though so it wasn't really a surprise to me. What was a surprise was how open they were about it and their opinion of anyone who thought otherwise.

I worked in private industry for 30 years and the environment was unpolitical.

I stayed about 5 years trying to teach remedial math to Middle School kids.
I thoroughly enjoyed the work and the kids but hated the environment and ended up leaving teaching.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:35 PM

351 posts, read 224,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Totally false. You did not read this on the sources you mention. If you actually read these types of stories, it was not on a reputable site.
[checks user name...]

Old 04-25-2021, 06:43 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,046,586 times
I'm no raging feminist but am appalled at the number of women who see no problem with the way Trump talks about women.

Glad that my children are grown and out of a situation where a teacher like that could have influence on their values.

Old 04-25-2021, 11:15 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,082,473 times
The way you are describing these polls and what the polls actually say don't quite line up... Also lots of linking to stories about polls as opposed to polls themselves. With that being said there is no question that a significant number of Americans do think there was some degree of voter fraud.

Last edited by Yac; 04-25-2021 at 11:45 PM..

Old 04-25-2021, 11:23 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,926,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
The way you are describing these polls and what the polls actually say don't quite line up... Also lots of linking to stories about polls as opposed to polls themselves. With that being said there is no question that a significant number of Americans do think there was some degree of voter fraud.
What are you talking about? They do line up. I linked as closely to the source material as I could.

Old 05-01-2021, 12:22 AM

137 posts, read 142,521 times
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but the Rasmussen poll that was referenced was easy to find, it's on their twitter timeline:

https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/s...rump-998438%2F

Article I found it on which links back to their tweet:
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/11...-trump-998438/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education