Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 05:09 AM

6 posts, read 20,989 times

Advertisements

I am looking for info about the spike s ranch in hudspeth county, also any info about the judges restaurant on top of the hill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 05:16 PM

262 posts, read 782,020 times
Spikes ranch had surveyors out on it last week. It looks like they were cutting it up into tracts.
Two days ago, I was going back by the hill where Fred Price has his cabin, and there was a brand spankin new grader slicking up the dirt roads back ther. The next morning, there was a sign by the gate at the very top of the hill, just west of the rock house gate. It wes advertising land for sale $200+ Per acre. The company to contact was El Paso Real Estate Consultants. There were two phone numbers listed, they are (915) 474-0041, and (915) 5981-3480.
Hey Muhnay, do you think Jerry Wallace is trying to come back into the area via the side door? Late last year a Jim Clemets, who holds an ATP, And an A&P, IA bought some land on the north side of 62-180, in between My place and the rock house. He BETTER be as good a pilot as he claims, his runway is north-south, crosswind to the prevailing winds. He comes from the same town as Jerry Wallace, threw a bunch of money down, and had his place built ina matter of months. He is reallyu nose in the air to most of the people out here, and downright MEAN to some of us. Let us know what you find. Brie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starznbarz View Post
I am looking for info about the spike s ranch in hudspeth county, also any info about the judges restaurant on top of the hill

Old 09-19-2008, 05:22 PM

Default Muhnay do you think we should reopen Cornudas Thread

Hey Muhnay,
Given the recent changes out here, do you think we should resurrect the Cornudas thread? If so, could you find it, and bring it back online by posting something? E-mail me and let me know. Brie

Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,525,099 times
There are a lot of land scams in Hudspeth County and East of El Paso in general. Its barren land that these companies finance at high rates and then foreclose when the buyers find they bought garbage. They pay $10-15 an acre in bulk and then sell for much more. There are so many suckers out there buying land in a place they haven't even been.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:51 PM

I bought 60 acres from Fred Price, and I have power to the property line. He has NEVER treated me in any way that I would feel was dishonest. I'm not trying to push his interests, I'm just saying that there some VERY honest people out here selling land. You just HAVE to figure out who is trying you sell you something, and act accordingly. Brie

Old 09-29-2008, 03:35 AM

taylorcraft- when you mentioned the rock house, are you talking about the main house at the compound on the spike s ranch? my brother, and myself ran the spike s in the early 80s - we ran beefalo on the property. do you know the address of the property (so I can get a sky view). we also owned a property just east of the judges place on top of the hill, would be very interested in locating any photos, or any other info you could provide about the ranch. thanks

Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM

starznbarz,
Just Google earth Cornudas, Texas, and follow 62 180 to the rock house. The photos that were taken by the satellite around 2005. I can take a few photos for you from the ground if you would like. Brie

Old 10-01-2008, 06:41 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,960,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorcraftbc65 View Post
Hey Muhnay,
Given the recent changes out here, do you think we should resurrect the Cornudas thread? If so, could you find it, and bring it back online by posting something? E-mail me and let me know. Brie
Do you mean this one?

//www.city-data.com/forum/texas...host-town.html

Or the Wallace one?

//www.city-data.com/forum/texas...-town-usa.html

Old 10-05-2008, 08:19 AM

some pics would be great. just checked google- my old house just past the judges appears to be there, although looks abandoned. the spike s compound (including the rock house) is several miles off the road, with three locked gates - is that no longer the case? if we are talking about the same property, you can send photo`s to me using the contact info on our website - starznbarz.com, thanks

Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 AM

Muhnay,
I mean the wallacetown USA one. I didn't even know about the Cornudas ghost town one, I'm going to have to take a look at it. Brie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: