Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
...the FB team got decimated at Tulsa that same day. I am ever the Miner optimist and hope they bring it together against Rice like they did against UCF.
No matter what, losing is a negative. No way to spin it. Allowing 77 points just plain blows.

That being said, at least we are losing to undefeated teams like #1 Texas and #19 Tulsa. A few short years ago, before Mike Price, we were losing to schools like Cal Poly. Things are improving, at a snail's pace, but they are improving.

Basketball wise though, we are going to shock a lot of people THIS YEAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 PM

415 posts, read 2,333,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
After reading this post.. everything you said could of come from my mouth. I was arrested at Gibsons too.. I was with a friend who stuffed GI Joes in his pants and I was with him so I was arrested too.. Had to sit at the D Home for hours. Scary place when your in the 4-5th grade. I lived on Alcan. Road my bike in that hilly area there next to where that guy built his big huge house on the corner of Alcan and Transmountain. Or did you ride where those kids built the BMX track next to the old HOBO Joes later KBobs.

They still have the best polish sandwiches.. and still in business.
Moderator cut: discussing moderator actions

I remember I spent what seemed like forever at Detention center, my mother wanted me to learn a lesson.
I left NE around 1971, I don't recall a large house on Alcan and Trans Mountain.
Or the BMX track,
moved out to Eastwood and attended Eastwood high ( Go Troop )

Left El Paso in 1985, moved to Florida, then to South Carolina.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Google Maps

If you look at that you'll see the house I am talking about. Where the long gray roofs are used to be a BMX track made by local kids out of the hills of dirt that were there.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:37 PM

I was reading the "I hate El Paso" thread and I got a good laugh out of it. I definitely don't want to feed into stereotypes because I think there is FAR too much of that here already. I do find it funny that everyone in El Paso blames bad driving on the cars with yellow license plates.

White people blame it all on the Chihuahua drivers and Hispanics blame all the bad driving on New Mexico (also yellow plates) drivers.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:02 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,643 times
It was so funny that you could not get mad.
They loaded down there trucks with so much junk and had no room for their kids

Old 10-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
It was so funny that you could not get mad.
They loaded down there trucks with so much junk and had no room for their kids
Not to start another back and forth debate but White traders and resellers from New Mexico do the same thing. Buy cheap in El Paso and resell elsewhere. It could be that you tend to notice everything a certain demographic does when you are fed up or frustrated. I get that way with euro car drivers, lol.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:26 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
I though all my Spanish speaking Amigos/Amigas in El Paso might like this song and video by the 70's group ABBA as even though they are Swedish they can also sing in Spanish.

YouTube - ABBA - Chiquitita (in Spanish)

Old 11-20-2008, 08:15 AM

Since it's been about 3 months since i was in EP how's the Patriot Freeway expansion coming along as it looked almost completed back then?? (Wow time is flying).

Old 11-20-2008, 08:33 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
not even close.. almost but they are repaiing the lanes we were driving on now... and have it down to one lane in spots.

Oh but the inner loop is looking GOOD!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
not even close.. almost but they are repaiing the lanes we were driving on now... and have it down to one lane in spots.

Oh but the inner loop is looking GOOD!
I remember they had already built the concrete dividing wall that separates northbound from southbound traffic from Hondo Pass to Fred Wilson so i thought it would be close to opening by now.

Good to hear about the Inner Loop .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso