Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,224 times

Advertisements

I am sorry to hear that you still have not made it home, what part of LA. are you from.
My uncle lost his boat house, we had our roof cave in, stayed in a hotel for 3 half a year also I worked at the police dept. at the time so I got to listen to people die on the phone then go to my hotel with 4 kids and tell them it was ok.
I hope you find you way home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM

248 posts, read 627,072 times
We're from New Orleans. We lost our house, my business suffered losses, and my husband's company left the state. It sucks, I miss home.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:19 PM

nothing is like home! do you have any family in LA.? have you been back any?
2 years later and still not home I am sorry, that would suck.
May I ask why El Paso? alot of people came to MS.,AL,GA. why are you so far from home?

Old 01-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Yes, we have family there, and try to go back every 3 months. We are here because my husband got transferred here after they sold off part of the company in LA. We didn't pick El Paso, El Paso picked us.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:34 PM

I am sorry, do you have kids? and will you be able to go home soon?
we are here for 3 years, we are military and we did pick fort bliss, we could have went to fort hood but we were told it was horrible! so we said El Paso, so far I am fine but it is nothing like home, my daughter hates it she said people are rude but I think she just misses home!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 PM

What makes me sad about my kids are a little over a year ago they asked my husband did we want to go to Georgia for a duty of 2 years we said no! we wanted to stay in MS. for as long as we could so ok. 6 months go by and we get papers to bliss for 3 years( are hood) looking back now I could kick myself!! We could have been in GEORGIA right now!!! but noooooooooo!
so here we are for I know 3 years unless something comes up.
I guess it is the schools that I do not like if el paso had better schools it would not be so bad, I am hoping my daughter will come around in make friends then it would be better I just feel so bad for them.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:35 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Hey Southern.. now you see why I try to tell people like it is. The El Paso Lovers can see no fault. Where I try to keep an open mind to it all, and be honest about this city. I'm sorry your kids are having it rough.. I hope things get better for them and you all soon.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:47 PM

I do not hate El paso, I just wish they had better schools thats all, I do not understand why they allow there schools to be this bad but I guess people could say the same for north MS. all states have that one area in their state that is left behind.
If my kids were younger it would not be so bad, for me I can live anywhere but they take it hard and I look back and think maybe a place like GA. would had been easier for them, there when they said something noone would have said where are you from!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM

yes i have two daughters. where did you put your kids at school? i put mine both at loretto, it was a very disappointing experience. i just took one out and will take the other one out at the end of the year. i thought el paso was so cheap to live (it is certainly not!) i had heard the schools were great (i was hopeful, but not impressed), and there are not many professional jobs. i was hopeful when we got here, now i'm just waiting to leave so i can start my life again.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 PM

My daughter goes to austin high, I will take her out at the end of the year.
my son is in ross middle which is not the best but it could be worse.
I live on post so I shop here most of the time, I go to target some, went to walmart once will not do that again! everyone on post is very nice but my daughter said kids at austin are very rude to the military kids and I have heard other kids complain about austin also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso