Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 08:37 AM

3 posts, read 12,481 times

Advertisements

I have relatives there in the city of El Paso. I will be coming by for a weekend. I am looking to find out what there is to do out there for fun.

Are there any locations for site seeing or entertainment places. I am an enthusiast for monuments and caves and things of such sort.

Would there be anything to do over there that you guys would recommend for me to do while I'm there?

Where could I take my girl around town?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Korrupt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 09:33 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,607,939 times
when are you going to be here

Old 02-23-2008, 09:47 AM

I will be there in exactly 3 weekends. I'll be there on a friday night, saturday, and half a day sunday. Just a quick visit. It's just hard to be off to visit anyone when I have to be at work all the time.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:18 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,959,483 times
WACO TANKS.. you like rocks and caves, then thats the place for you. Also On Trans-Mountain there is Tom Mays Park, also has a couple caves and some great rock climbing walls. On the North East side, there is a trail that leads up between a peak, and a mountain that looks like mens private parts, just above the nature museum, thats called Old Miners Cave or Well depending on who you ask. Its a good little hike, and you can see an abandoned mine shaft about 25-30 yards deep, with a still active rock wall built well just outside it.

There are many others in the mountains, I have not been to since I was a kid. But yeah if your into that sorta thing, we have lots for you to do.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupt View Post
I have relatives there in the city of El Paso. I will be coming by for a weekend. I am looking to find out what there is to do out there for fun.

Are there any locations for site seeing or entertainment places. I am an enthusiast for monuments and caves and things of such sort.

Would there be anything to do over there that you guys would recommend for me to do while I'm there?

Where could I take my girl around town?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Korrupt

If you're only going to be in El Paso, hike around the Franklin Mountains. There are some very nice trails up there -- but make sure you go all the way to the top. Your car will be safe parked there -- there are rangers. There are decent picnic areas and you can even camp up there.

Check out Old Mesilla -- but take the back way -- Highway 28. Hueco park is another great hiking area.

If you have time for a day trip -- get up early and to to Carlsbad Caverns. They are stunning -- better than caves in other parts of the country.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:41 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,607,939 times
what part of the city do your relatives live ,do they have anything planed are they going to show you around or are you going to be on your own

Old 03-09-2008, 09:21 PM

Well my relatives are pretty new there. I wanted to go up there and tell them where to go. Or at least take them somewhere they haven't gone. They don't have the time to go anywhere, they work and go to school, so that leaves them no time for leisure.

Besides hiking and climbing, is there anything within the city that would be recommended? Certain shows or events going on this weekend?

Old 03-09-2008, 11:44 PM

233 posts, read 835,786 times
Korrupt-
I've only flown to El Paso as a layover to Las Vegas, NV (all I saw of El Paso was their nice Airport-this was back in Jan. 2001) but sometime I want to drive from Dallas to the El Paso Border Patrol Museum. www.borderpatrolmuseum.com

I have one friend from Midland (Big Spring) who now lives & works in El Paso.

I've never driven to El Paso I'm going to bring friend(s) to help me b/c I heard the drive is real hard.

Have you ever been to El Paso before?

Thanks,
fallguy

Old 03-10-2008, 06:14 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,959,483 times
Well there is that new Pizza place on the east side, in an old Home Depot store.. its huge, and pricey.

I am not sure when Shakespeare on the rocks is but that is always a good time.

welcome

Here is the El Paso convention & visitor Bureau calendar..

El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau / Calendar

that should give you a good idea of what is happening in El Paso during your visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: