Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:51 PM

21 posts, read 30,997 times

Advertisements

River Oaks just posted an update to WTM. Looks like Walmart will be the big anchor.
https://youtu.be/FRUCaBAEC8k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 12:15 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90flogp View Post
River Oaks just posted an update to WTM. Looks like Walmart will be the big anchor.
https://youtu.be/FRUCaBAEC8k
Good catch on that 90.

Here's a new EP Times article on the new Walmart Supercenter: West Towne Marketplace gets Wal-Mart Supercenter- EP Times

Some interesting tidbits from the article:
"The third major anchor will be a movie theater, said Adam Frank, president of River Oaks Properties, the West Towne developer. "We are in negotiations with a cinema," which will be a company not currently operating movie theaters in El Paso, he said."

"Other tenants announced so far have other El Paso locations: T.J. Maxx/HomeGoods; Ross Dress for Less; Rack Room Shoes; PetSmart; Great Clips; and AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile wireless stores. Food outlets so far are: Chipotle Mexican Grill; Chick-fil-A; McDonald's; Menchie's Frozen Yogurt; Starbucks; Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers; and possibly a MidiCi The Neopolitan Pizza Co. restaurant."

Old 04-08-2017, 12:42 AM

111 posts, read 177,095 times
Wack. Only thing I'm excited about is raising cane's

Old 04-08-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyga23 View Post
Wack. Only thing I'm excited about is raising cane's
Yeah, the list isn't too exciting.

I do like how they are getting a Cabela's, Menchies, Chick-Fil-A and Raising Cane's though. The new movie theater chain moving in seems cool and that new MidiCi Pizza is getting good ratings on Yelp and other sites. So there a few positives so far.

BTW, MidiCi just opened their sixth location nationwide on the westside at 5850 N. Mesa St where the old Audio Express used to be. They use two wood fired ovens and seem to be a lot like Grimaldi's (coal brick ovens) which I love. So I'm looking forward to going to this place soon.
Home - Midici
MidiCi pizza location opens Friday on West Side - EP Times
https://www.facebook.com/MidiCiElPaso/

Old 04-21-2017, 03:59 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Ten years ago Dick Poe was going to open a new dealership at Artcraft/I-10 - but then the recession hit.
Good that West Towne Marketplace is making "better" use of that land.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 PM

212 posts, read 371,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Ten years ago Dick Poe was going to open a new dealership at Artcraft/I-10 - but then the recession hit.
Good that West Towne Marketplace is making "better" use of that land.
I remember that. I worked for the company that had the HVAC and electrical contracts for that job. We might have even had the plumbing and fire protection too, I don't quite remember. Us losing that project had a lot to do with me getting laid off. I really liked that job too.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:39 PM

575 posts, read 884,456 times
I want a World Market over here. (and an Ikea, but we know that's not going to happen)

Old 10-20-2017, 02:11 AM

Here is an update on a few more stores and restaurants that will likely be located at West Town Marketplace. Cabela's already opened in early September, several more are scheduled to open soon.

These new online brochures and site plans by River Oaks have been updated recently and they include a few new retailers.
http://rop.x10host.com/pdf/WTShopSpace2017.pdf
http://rop.x10host.com/pdf/WTBook2017.pdf

Restaurants
Longhorn Steakhouse
Cheddar's
Five Guys
McDonalds
Taco Bell
Wienerschnitzel
Chick Fil A
Raising Cane's
Chipotle
Menchie's
I.CE.NY
Boss Chicken Dogs and Custard
Sushi Freak
The Baked Bear
Pieology

Retailers
Walmart
TJ Maxx
Petsmart
Ross
Tuesday Morning
Rack Room Shoes
Great Clips
AT&T
Verizon
T-Mobile
Navy Federal Credit Union
Sports Clips
Lee Nails
European Wax Center

There are still a few spaces available in the center. The cinema is still there on the site plan but there is still no movie theater company name attached to it. River Oaks did say that the cinema will likely open in 2019.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:28 PM

22 posts, read 30,479 times
Other than Cabela's, I don't see a reason why I would drive all the way from the far east to visit this shopping center. Same'ol stores. Nothing exciting.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:55 PM

575 posts, read 884,456 times
Close to me. I have no reason to go to Cabela's, but I'll go to the Walmart when it opens. I went last Saturday to the Home Goods/TJ Maxx -- dangerous place for me, lol! I picked out a few things, but gave up when I saw the length of the checkout line. I'll go again after it's lost its newness.

Otherwise, yawn; very disappointing.

and, what happened to the Cheesecake factory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso