Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 08:24 AM

43 posts, read 174,267 times

Advertisements

Hey Forum. Quick question about banking in El paso... my current bank does not operate out of the El Paso area and I'm moving down in less than a month. So which is the best bank in the El Paso area? I want a larger bank that won't charge me for checking. I've had to pay for a checking account before and I refuse to do so now. I am not a student... so that won't work for me. Bank of America has been ruled out for me, they are too much of a pain in the rear to work with in my opinion. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty314 View Post
Hey Forum. Quick question about banking in El paso... my current bank does not operate out of the El Paso area and I'm moving down in less than a month. So which is the best bank in the El Paso area? I want a larger bank that won't charge me for checking. I've had to pay for a checking account before and I refuse to do so now. I am not a student... so that won't work for me. Bank of America has been ruled out for me, they are too much of a pain in the rear to work with in my opinion. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.
I think Wells Fargo would fit the bill probably. They have ops in EP, they have free checking, they are national so if you are out-of-town, it is still easy and free to access your money from other cities.

I would give WF a good looking at perhaps if I were you.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 AM

507 posts, read 2,061,242 times
I agree w/ EnjoyEP. Wells Fargo is a large bank with branches all over the west. I've had the same account there for over 20 years (used to be Norwest) . And their online banking is pretty good, too.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:12 AM

421 posts, read 2,156,153 times
Yep, Wells Fargo & Chase are the two biggest in town.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:28 AM

Is "Bank of the West" any good? They actually have locations in Missouri where I'm from. I'm considering them or Wells Fargo.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 AM

105 posts, read 493,924 times
Qwerty--

I think that the Bank of the West in MO is not the same Bank of the West in EP.

As others have stated, Wells Fargo is the best way to go. They have many branches and ATMs in EP, you can get free checking, and they have a great online banking site--probably the best in the business. Also, if you plan to travel throughout the west, Wells Fargo is pretty much everywhere.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:13 AM

TexanWest, I think it actually might be the same bank. I went to the website and it mentioned locations in both Texas and Missouri. I'll call and double check... but everyone seems to favor WF. They don't have branch locations in Missouri which is unfortunate... it would be useful for going home. Oh well, thanks to all for your responses. Anyone have opinions about Bank of the West?

Old 03-13-2008, 11:50 AM

105 posts, read 493,924 times
Qwerty--

If the BoTW that you're talking about has a bear on its logo, then it's not the same bank. That bank does have branches in Texas and New Mexico, but the BoTW in El Paso is a locally operated El Paso bank, not a national or regional one.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM

254 posts, read 790,051 times
Qwerty314, i have wells for checking but they don't have good interest rates. I have City Bank of Texas and it's free checking, free atm withdrawals (even if it's not their atm's) and they have good interest rates. website is: www.citybankonline.com.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanWest View Post
Qwerty--

If the BoTW that you're talking about has a bear on its logo, then it's not the same bank. That bank does have branches in Texas and New Mexico, but the BoTW in El Paso is a locally operated El Paso bank, not a national or regional one.

Ah ok, you are probably right TexanWest. Thanks.

Nixau27, do they have lots of locations? I'll check them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: