Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,961,892 times

Advertisements

Thanks BOWIE. Your a good MOD. ( a fair guy ) =)

CAN/WILL you delete any post not on topic please?

Last edited by Muhnay; 10-23-2008 at 05:40 PM..

Old 10-23-2008, 06:11 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,636,274 times
Well i have something negative to say about EP.......

Why'd they close the Dallas Club as that Country Western club really was awesome and i don't even listen to Country as it's a NEGATIVE for EP for it to close.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:33 PM

200 posts, read 610,652 times
1. The Drivers, people don't seem to have to be anywhere.

2. People who don't maintain their homes, i.e. leaving X-mas decorations up past Jan, (is a
double-edged sword though, kind of adds to the humor of EP also).

3. Provincial mentality, I have family members like this.

4. Lack of growth & good paying job opportunities.

5. Lack of diversity or international appeal even though we are a Border town

6. Someone mentioned lack of direct flights...yes! I have to fly from Jakarta, to Tokyo to LA
then from LA to Dallas just to get to EP! Hello...how is that "going green"?

7. Lack of certain franchises & when we get them after so many years of waiting, they're p@!s-poor! I.E. DSW Shoes. EP's selection was really lacking compared to what I saw in Columbus, OH & Chesapeake, VA.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:49 AM

271 posts, read 810,284 times
Low paying jobs
Lack of water and green
Language issues
Bad drivers

I like a lot of things about this town but will leave here when my daughter finishes high school due to the lack of opportunity in my wife's profession.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,825 times
I hate the schools.
I hate when the schools call you, to tell you your child missed that day,then call back in say the same thing in spanish!!!
I hate that people get mad and say "not everyone speaks spanish here"but at the same time the school make calls in spanish!!
I hate when you call the school to talk to the teacher, it takes 2wks. for them to call back.
I hate their is no water here.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:56 PM

167 posts, read 483,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I hate the schools.
I hate when the schools call you, to tell you your child missed that day,then call back in say the same thing in spanish!!!
I hate that people get mad and say "not everyone speaks spanish here"but at the same time the school make calls in spanish!!
I hate when you call the school to talk to the teacher, it takes 2wks. for them to call back.
I hate their is no water here.
Everything that Southernbliss said and then some.

Lack of green - how I missed the trees and grass.
The feeling of being an outsider.
The bathrooms in stores where people do not seem to realise that there is plumbing and you can put tissue in the commode.
The stores in the USA making their announcements in spanish.
The many "international" car plates in the zoned schools car parks
The high property taxes.
The corruption.

Okay I'm done

Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 PM

197 posts, read 511,861 times
The quality of education available on all levels from public to private to university is what is most disappointing. Doubt any rocket scientist are from EP. Having relatively high standards to compare EP public schools to makes it worse for me because I know full well how far behind and backwards the school system is -- and I am not impressed by anyone or anything that I've seen so far when it comes to planned progress or improvements. It's sad and I try not to think about how much my kids are being cheated out of (compared to other school systems they have been enrolled) instead I try to focus energy on supplementing as much as possible.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
Everything that Southernbliss said and then some.

Lack of green - how I missed the trees and grass.
The feeling of being an outsider.
The bathrooms in stores where people do not seem to realise that there is plumbing and you can put tissue in the commode.
The stores in the USA making their announcements in spanish.
The many "international" car plates in the zoned schools car parks
The high property taxes.
The corruption.

Okay I'm done

Yes, those are all some of the negatives -- whate you and Southernbliss said. Some of the bathrooms in this town are filthy, I've even seen that in hospital bathrooms. Toilet paper thrown onto the floor and toilets no flushed.

It's very irritating to see the line of cars with Chihuahua plates dropping kids off at our expensive and crowded schools.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:10 AM

67 posts, read 301,792 times
You people are fat. I know this is the negative thread, but its still a pretty pg-13 rated place so I won't use the words "****ing fat". Ive grown accustomed to it though (lord knows I love me a big women), but thats what happens. People adjust to friends and surroundings. That and mexican food is worth it.

Side note: The people here always smile and say hello while walking down the street like its mandatory.

Those traffic light cameras. I don't see why I should come to a complete stop at a right hand turn just because the light is red even if there is absolutely nobody in the road. No cop no stop has always been a good rule, but the world is becoming over run by robots and El Paso has welcomed them with open arms.

Natural vegitation in the inner city looks like crap. It isn't untill you reach outside edges untill it all comes to gether and looks really pretty. It isn't like parts of Arizona.

I guess stupid drivers are universal so I can't put that one. For anyone who hasn't figured it out: At a four way stop, if you are in the left lane trying to turn left, you can pull out into the [extreamly bad word] median if the light is green. The lights are timed so that the on coming traffic will get a red light and you will get either a yellow light or a turn arrow. Basically, you're guarenteed passage thru the intersection.

Bright sun.

Las Cruises is way too close. No offence to that place, but atleast everyone there knows it sucks.

Absolutely nowhere good to hang out with large groups of people without
A) buying crap
B) getting drunk (wich isn't bad, just the same as reason A)
C) working / school
D) serving time (see C)

Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,924 times
Okay, I don't want to offend my compatriots in Juarez, but when I see a Chihuahua license plate I see either of the following from the driver:

A) Driving 40mph on I-10...IN THE FAST LANE! (Thoughts of murder!!)
B) Cutting faster drivers off by going slow, making them slam the brakes
C) A 5 second lapse between the green light and said driver stepping on the gas
D)Haphazard parking jobs which block anyone from parking in the adjacent space.
E) Leaving shopping carts in the lot so they'll inevitably ding my car.
F) Taking up all the good spaces at UTEP. (More thoughts of murder!!)
G) All of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso