Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,228 times

Advertisements

Gangland - Upcoming Episodes, last thursday, el paso gang [b.a] was featured on History Channels series "gangland". It was interesting, alot pf people say they greatly exagerrated, i thought it was pretty on point, kind of scary, the things that happen in el paso though, that alot of people have no idea about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 03:48 PM

729 posts, read 2,067,258 times
Yes I saw it last week. It was kinda scary to think all those things were and still happening. That guy "Pelon" thinks he is gonna retire from the Aztecas....lol!! He signed his life away all those years ago. As they say "Blood in Blood out".

Old 06-22-2009, 04:34 PM

507 posts, read 2,061,661 times
Orale.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,903 times
My mother told me about this program in my hometown of ELP..but I do not have cable. She was also impressed by it!

Old 06-22-2009, 06:32 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Hey ese...

Orale camarada... Quieres mas, o quieres un huevo?! La 915 homeboy...

Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM

422 posts, read 1,294,763 times
If there is one show that makes you not want to go to jail, Gangland is it.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
I wonder if those two brothers that were killed the other day over in Socorro had a chance to watch this show.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 10,619 times
El paso has been the same since the late seventies early eighties, it just made mainstream america now..... El Paso Por Vida....V N E class of 85"

Old 10-09-2009, 07:42 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,917,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U pinales View Post
El paso has been the same since the late seventies early eighties
I was a teenager growing up in one of El Paso's most affluent neighborhoods in the late 1940s, early 1950s and was a member of a "gang" known as "The Dukes." Our female counterparts were the "Duchesses." But what we did back then was child's play compared to what goes on in today's gang culture. We were vandals, and malicious at times, but without the influence of drugs that drives gang warfare today.

Quote:
The name comes from the title of "The Amboy Dukes" novel by Irving Shulman about a Jewish street gang of the same name in the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn during the 1940s.
There was a distinct separation between gangs in the El Paso high schools then, and the loosely organized gangs in South El Paso. I can recall one serious stabbing incident following a football game at Austin High School, and a few other random "rock fights" and such, but the more frequent serious injuries were among those who lived in South El Paso where the "culture of the blade" (switchblades, particularly) was more prevalent. This was also the era of the "Zoot Suits" that were trendy then, more so with the south side males.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 15,887 times
I grew up in EP at one time I lived in I guess what would be called south EP. I attended Bell or Beal elementary then attended Bowie. The area was poor, you had cholos but I never remember gang activity. Maybe I didn't know what gang activity was so I didn't know it was going on. I later moved and attended Burges, the area by far was much nicer but I can truly say I never felt un-safe in the Bowie area. I watched this show last night and it scared me! I have a gang member son in Denver Co. I just don't get the mentality - I heard one of the members say "It's better when they are yelling and begging for their life" - I guess as opposed to just shooting them dead on the spot. How can a person get pleasure from torturing a person. I worry every day that I will get the "We found your son dead" call, wish these members would think about that... I'm no longer in EP and probably would never return but I feel for those still there and hope that the violence can be controlled before it ends up like LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso