Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:32 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,445 times

Advertisements

So I just read on the El Paso Times that John Kerry announced that the violence was a little exaggerated as far as a "spill over" into El Paso? How do you guys feel, is that a fair statement? I was initially encouraged to hear that ~ as I want to move to a nice safe place but then I wondered if everyone who lives there would agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 AM

I JUST WANTED TO ADD ~ THIS IS *** NOT*** A POLITICAL QUESTION! I HOPE IM NOT IN TROUBLE I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU GUYS THAT LIVE THERE AGREE WITH THE DECISION MADE TODAY!!!!! I hope its okay to ask that! Sorry if its not!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:55 AM

447 posts, read 1,579,928 times
I don't know if anything has or will spill over but it's easy for him to dismiss it like that when he gets on a plane and goes back home. I think El Paso is great but things can easily change.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:57 AM

430 posts, read 1,340,118 times
Ah....Kerry....I can't comment on his "take" of anything because it will become a political discussion. Sorry.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
I JUST WANTED TO ADD ~ THIS IS *** NOT*** A POLITICAL QUESTION! I HOPE IM NOT IN TROUBLE I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU GUYS THAT LIVE THERE AGREE WITH THE DECISION MADE TODAY!!!!! I hope its okay to ask that! Sorry if its not!
I agree that the thread is on-topic for this forum, since the topic here is what was said, and NOT who said it. It is off-topic in this forum to offer one's opinion of Mr. Kerry or any other Federal politician. Anyone who feels the need to share their opinion on Mr. Kerry is welcome to start a new thread in //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-controversies and share a link to your opinion posted there.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM

im sorry!!!! I should have worded the question differently. I should have just asked what was everyones opinion on the "meeting" that was held in El Paso, regarding the violence, and the threat to El Paso. And do they agree that the threat was exaggerated......... My question honestly had nothingn to do with "john kerry' specifically other than that was the name in bold attached to the heading on el paso times and the only heading i remembered by the time i was asking this question.......................

Old 03-31-2009, 02:11 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
I feel that El Paso is safer than bigger cities I've lived in. El Paso is more family/suburban oriented and has fewer weirdo-loners. Gang/drug violence is not limited to the border - the border is just a way station.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
im sorry!!!! I should have worded the question differently. I should have just asked what was everyones opinion on the "meeting" that was held in El Paso, regarding the violence, and the threat to El Paso. And do they agree that the threat was exaggerated......... My question honestly had nothingn to do with "john kerry' specifically other than that was the name in bold attached to the heading on el paso times and the only heading i remembered by the time i was asking this question.......................
You did fine. I tweaked the thread title a little bit to make that emphasis clearer, but I have no problem with the topic. Carry on, folks.

Old 03-31-2009, 03:48 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Tell John Kerry to check out
the last report from homeland security of FBI before he opens his mouth..

It's moved into Houston already according to one of them...

Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Yes and no. I don't think people from other places, especially politicians really have a clue about this area. They've ignored the problem and now suddenly it's a big hot issue.

Most of us feel quite safe here, certainly from the problems of Mexico. We know there is spill over but it's not targetting us although someone in some kind of law enforcement would probably believe different.

I always think it's interesting that some terrible things could be going on a stone's throw from where many of us live/work/travel but it's a different world here. I doubt most of us really feel any more affected as far as our everyday lives than someone further away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: