Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:01 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
You are not allowed to go to any Dr. in the city but when you go to wbmc go to the tri-care dept. and ask for a list of drs that take tri-care and those are the drs. you can go see in the city.
there are like 2 pages to choose from.
and there is tell a nurse who can tell you where you can go off post also.
oh ok cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 11:11 AM

28 posts, read 82,911 times
I think people got overly-helpful with their suggestions and started listing their pediatricians without thinking about the 2nd half of the requirement- whether they accept Tricare or not. :P

Old 05-25-2009, 12:22 PM

271 posts, read 809,856 times
Mendoza accepts Tricare

Old 05-25-2009, 03:21 PM

71 posts, read 201,498 times
Default Try to be helpful and get scolded...hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPasoMom View Post
I think people got overly-helpful with their suggestions and started listing their pediatricians without thinking about the 2nd half of the requirement- whether they accept Tricare or not. :P

Really???? hmmm...

OP said and YES I am quoting it

"I'm looking for a great off post pediatrician that takes tricare prime. There is a long list of doctors on the tircare website, but I'd love to have a personal recommendation (or warning about who to stay away from).

We are moving to El Paso next week from Ft. Benning Ga. We'll be living in Horizon, but I'd be more than happy to drive across town to take my child to a better doctor (does it really take that long to drive across town anyway?). We'd like to find a doctor that speaks English and is generally able to see patients same day for sick-child appointments.

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated
."

Sorry OP if I didn't take the time to call the ped that I highly recommended to see if they took tricare....I apologize to the addressing poster....you are soooo right "...people got overly-helpful people got overly-helpful ..."

Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 AM

430 posts, read 1,339,932 times
Dr. Liptakova accepts Tricare. My son has Tricare and sees her. Dr. Bowen does also. They have walk-in appts if needed and speak perfect English. I believe physicians Healthcare also has a clinic on the Eastside but I am not familiar with their doctors. You can look them up at phaclinics.com.
[SIZE=2]Below is a listing of the major insurance providers that we carry. If your carrier is not listed, please contact them directly to see if Physicians Healthcare Associates is a provider on their plan.[/SIZE]

Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
Please DO NOT go to El Paso Pediatric ASSociates!!!

For about 2 years, my kids were on Medicaid, and we were going there. They made us feel like low lifes once they saw our insurance papers. They had MEDICAID written on the records in HUGE letters and we would have to wait for up to an hour sometimes while they took the people w/ insurance 1st.

We went to Dr. Liptakova, she was nice. But so hard to understand (and having lived in Europe, I'm used to accents).

We found Dr. David Issac and never looked back. He and his staff always remembered us, knew the kid's names, they talked to us while we were waiting, they ALWAYS got us in when they were sick, they called back after hours, they were WONDERFUL. I wish we could find someone like that here. I'm almost 100% sure he takes tricare. His office number is (915) 838-0100.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 PM

28 posts, read 82,911 times
Quote:
"I'm looking for a great off post pediatrician that takes tricare prime. There is a long list of doctors on the tircare website, but I'd love to have a personal recommendation (or warning about who to stay away from).
Quote:

Sorry OP if I didn't take the time to call the ped that I highly recommended to see if they took tricare....I apologize to the addressing poster....you are soooo right "...people got overly-helpful people got overly-helpful ..."
I deleted my first reply, because it was a bit condescending towards you, so I'll try to be as nice as possible with this reply. Simply put, in the post you are referring to, I wasn't putting down those who offered help- I was just re-introducing a point in her original question, which is something that most people seem to have missed. I was trying to be helpful myself. By replying the way you did, you invite more antagonism into this thread, which is uncalled for.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 AM

I deal with Dr. Isaac on a daily basis. He is a good doctor. His office staff has changed quite a bit though and they are not as friendly as what they used to be. However, he is still a good doctor and he does take Tricare.
Dr. Canales on the other hand.....my suggestion is to avoid him if possible. I deal with him alot also.....yeah......I wouldn't be taking my kids to him.
Dr. Liptakovia's accent is getting better and Dr. Bowen speaks perfect English. Seems like you have several to chose from and shouldn't have a problem finding one.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 AM

71 posts, read 201,498 times
several of my friends love, love love Dr. Isaac. If he indeed does take tri you should def check him out. Good luck.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 AM

I spoke with Dr. Isaac's office yesterday. They absolutely take Tricare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso