Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,722,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luplor View Post
6ft, by the way, are you really 6 ft is that just a nick name?
Yeap i am 6'3''. But i actually got the idea for my screen name from a girl i knew years ago who was 6 feet 4 tall and she always wore cowboy boots which raised here another inch to 6 foot 5 as she is the only lady i've ever had to physically look up to in my life .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Shouldn't they start to break ground on some of these projects soon .....USMC EP ?

Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM

430 posts, read 1,345,371 times
I live in her district. I seriously doubt that she represents us. Everyone that I have spoken to in her district are not very fond of her. I have had the chance to meet her at my neighborhood meeting. Let's just say that we do not want her back in our neighborhood.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:30 PM

270 posts, read 629,008 times
Alucard, Could you be more specific? I am not disputing you, just would like to know what it it is she is not doing. The people I have talked with, from her district, have high regard for her. From everything I seen and read, I believe she and a few others are doing a great of at least questioing expenditures. EP does need some improvements and growth but at what costs$ ? The city has approx 500 million dolars in Cert of Obligations and a 9 million dollars budget shortfall, in the middle of a recession, in a low paying city. I am saying spread the projects out and pay as you go, not eveything right now. Is it because she nays funding issues? I would like some info from your point of view, not anything like reports or that.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:43 PM

For one thing she is pushing to build low-income apartments in my neighborhood. Not the type of growth we want. The problem is, is that she is doing too little for us. NE has so much growth possibilities. When I have spoken with her, she seems rather clueless as to what is going on. She needs cue cards in laymans terms. But she is good at changing the subject. I'm just not too keen on someone who would rather talk about her hair and shoes than what is going on in the city. The flooding in the NE is a big deal and she doesn't seem to get that. I have seen someone go up and ask her about it and she just stares and says it isnt up to her, it is up to the voters. Some people like that, some people dont. After all, not everyone's neighborhood floods so why bother voting yes for improvements if it doesnt affect my neighborhood? (just using that as an example of what could go wrong) I just think that if she really wanted to, she could do some good. The problem though, is that she really doesnt seem to care too much. At least that is the impression she gives me. Everyone has different opinions. Maybe she is doing something right on one thing and then doing something wrong on somethig else. Maybe the one thing she did wrong outweighed what she did right. I would just rather see someone who lives in the district give it a try. After all, I can't see how they would do any worse than her.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM

Great post about rep castro alucard !!!

Again i'm not surprised she voted against the ''1 billion dollar transportation plan'' as when i watch the city council meetings online she seems aloof as to what the issues are for the city and her district (dist 4).

Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Thanks, the hair and shoe thing is funny. I have a rep that literally just sits at the meetings and the only thing she does is second the motion. At least yours gets involved in the discussion. Heck I would be happy to hear her say something disagreeable. Sneeze, cough do something. I was a little disappointed when they agreed to build low income housing in the city and then called it an improvement to downtown. All the cities that I lived in and they did that had the neighborhood go down hill with strange characters out all day and night. They even sold some units to the people in hopes they would take care of the property. Sad to say althought totally renovated, the places looked terrible in a year. That's a tough issue as to where to put low income housing because house values do go down. That's not to say all the tenants are bad. Wanna trade reps?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 AM

If you have Quintana........no thanks. LOL!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Nope, I have Lilly, district 1. I will keep this short as i dont wantythe thread deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso