Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 AM

479 posts, read 1,294,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
What most people are describing here are family or friends that are visiting from out of town and not actually "tourists". Just an observation not saying it's good or bad.
well if it makes any difference ~ I'd gladly still show a random tourist the same stuff I'd show my family LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:45 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
not necessarily :-) To me, it being the "hub" of a lot of places to go IS something that would "impress" others. That you can go to all these cool places in just a hop skip and a jump! All from one cool place ~ El Paso!!! :0)

Also, there are some things, about some cities, that you just can't put your finger on anyway. In a "base" part ~ most cities in and of themselves are the same. Malls, restaraunts, movie theatres etc. So I'd point out the mexican food, and like I said earlier, Carlsbad Caverns as that is somewhere a lot of my family have NEVER been and would get such a kick out of! And, it would be "exclusive" to me in el paso considering they live in california ~ and so to them getting to visit carlsbad caverns is el paso in a way................if that makes sense. I would also want them to see scenic mountain at night ~ and ride on that tram way (can't remember the name) and prolly the zoo........................

That's the way I see it. What other place is so cool that you drive 3 hours east and see some of the world's most fantastic caverns or drive 3 hours west and see some fantastic ancient cliff dwellings, or drive 2 hours NE and be in some of the best pine and aspen forests? Or just walk a couple blocks and be in a foreign country except that's out for now.

But I did name a couple places in town or just outside. Hiking and having a picnic in the Franklin Mountains is another really great thing we have here and Old Mesilla is certainly not far and a pretty neat place to walk around and have lunch.

If you want to keep your guests strictly in El Paso, you can show them how every day there is sun here. Take them bike riding on some of our bike trails or along the river. Hueco Tanks is nice also. The zoo is okay, the mall is okay if they like to shop but every place as a mall.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Maybe we can re-phrase the question.

What should be included in a day or 1/2 day tour bus tour of El Paso?

My dime tour suggestion:
- downtown square
- scenic drive
- mission valley
- lunch at a classic EP restaurant
- aerial tramway
- transmountain & border/archeological/fort bliss museums
- Outlet mall
- UTEP buildings/ Haskins Centre/ view of Juarez/Asarco

Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM

507 posts, read 1,659,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Maybe we can re-phrase the question.

What should be included in a day or 1/2 day tour bus tour of El Paso?

My dime tour suggestion:
- downtown square
- scenic drive
- mission valley
- lunch at a classic EP restaurant
- aerial tramway
- transmountain & border/archeological/fort bliss museums
- Outlet mall
- UTEP buildings/ Haskins Centre/ view of Juarez/Asarco
That's a better way to put it!!!
I would also show the Magoffin Home, the Historic District, and the large houses in the Westside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso