Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
[THIS kind of atrocities wouldnt be able to happen in el paso and the eppd would just stand by and let it continue.]
I wouldn't be so sure of that -- imagine if the cartels began to threaten individual police and their families. Beheading works pretty well, they behead a few policemen, make sure their decapitated heads are displayed -- and for some reason that sends a pretty good message and can intimidate.

Also it turns out that the mastermind of the weekend massacres including the one at Bandoleros was from El Paso, his family lives here and is griping the Mexican government isn't sending his body back to the USA fast enough, so it's already here, this creep was from here, not from Juarez.

It's easy to criticize the Juarez police and all - but it's not too easy to solve murders when the killers can jump back over to El Paso and plot their crimes from over here.

Imagine what it does for the reputation of El Paso when one of the worst killers came from here but our leaders and so on allow it. Not to mention the rest area slaughter of an innocent traveler by known gang types who got away with crimes. It doesn't help when police catch thugs but the judges let them off easy.

Now the government is talking about seriously cutting back on border security so who knows what the future will bring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
My husband saw this today and said no to moving to El Paso.
But El Paso has one of the lowest crime rates in the country, especially for a city of its size. However, it would worry me that if these drug wars escalate even more (God forbid), that a lot of violence could spill over into EP.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 PM

125 posts, read 245,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post

Moderator cut: WARNING - This photos are graphic.

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/mexdrugs.jpg (broken link)
http://polizeros.com/wp-content/uplo...ug-killing.jpg
http://www.newcriminologist.com/uploads/200931753257.jpg (broken link)
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/heads1.jpg (broken link)
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_kIWY2DV0KnE/Sa...0crime%201.jpg
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...war-victim.jpg
http://www.javno.com/slike/slike_3/r...9636657740.jpg
http://www.france24.com/en/files/imagecache/aef_ct_wire_image_lightbox/images/afp/photo_1260934989971-1-0.jpg (broken link)
http://jdlong.files.wordpress.com/20...ug-runner1.jpg

[THIS kind of atrocities wouldnt be able to happen in el paso and the eppd would just stand by and let it continue.]
Please add a graphic content warning to your next post of these type of photos. Warning! Graphic content! Viewer discretion advised!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-13-2010 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Edit text.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzernecntygent View Post
Please add a graphic content warning to your next post of these type of photos. Warning! Graphic content! Viewer discretion advised!
But those are just photos, imagine the real thing being something your kids on their way to school see or easily could see, or some of that happening next door to you - and this is the reality of life a stone's throw from us.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,857 times
El Paso is pretty safe i live there. Lots of people believe that El Paso is the same in terms of violence but it really isnt its much much safer. Eventhough i have to admit that sadly some of the violence has been spilling over recently; someone broke into my friend's house and they popped another friend's tires on her car but that could happen in any other city in the U.S. Juarez is very dangerous right now and i have lots of friends who have lost a loved one over there. everyday i literally hear about someone's cousin who got shot or somebody's dad who was killed in Juarez its really sad. But you cant compare El Paso and juarez they are totally different El paso is pretty safe right now while Juarez is just plain scary.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But those are just photos, imagine the real thing being something your kids on their way to school see or easily could see, or some of that happening next door to you - and this is the reality of life a stone's throw from us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzernecntygent
I'm not disputing the validity of your photos, I'm just suggesting that when you post graphic or violent photos, you should add a graphic warming blurb to your post. It's simply a courtesy to the OP's/visitors to the forum that may or may not want to view graphic or violent photos. The same graphic type warning that is used on viewer discretion TV shows. We all live with reality, but some of us have a lower/higher tolerance to the depiction of said reality. As I was a Platoon Sergent in Viet-Nam, my tolerance for graphic and violent reality is rather high, but I'm strictly speaking for myself.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,553 times
Thank God, my daughter-in-law and grandson are leaving Juarez - but what of all the others, whose families have lived and had businesses there for generations? It's unbelievable that both governments on each side of the border can't find a solution to this tragedy.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSal View Post
Thank God, my daughter-in-law and grandson are leaving Juarez - but what of all the others, whose families have lived and had businesses there for generations? It's unbelievable that both governments on each side of the border can't find a solution to this tragedy.
The solution to cross-border violence and trafficking is to reduce the demand for marijuana, heroin and cocaine in the US, and to stop the flow of US arms to Mexico. It would appear that neither the Mexican or US governments has what it takes to effectively control the frontera between the two countries. It all breaks down to money and power. Until the balance of money, power, and the flow of drugs and arms are substantially reduced cross-frontera, the killings and violence will go on and on and on...!

Old 02-13-2010, 12:57 PM

423 posts, read 823,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzernecntygent View Post
The solution to cross-border violence and trafficking is to reduce the demand for marijuana, heroin and cocaine in the US...
Sounds like a plan! Now all there's left to do is to convince people to stop doing drugs!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
Sounds like a plan! Now all there's left to do is to convince people to stop doing drugs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzernecntygent
The solution to cross-border violence and trafficking is to reduce the demand for marijuana, heroin and cocaine in the US...
Yeah..., there in lies the fly in the ointment. As long as the demand and money outweigh the risks, street drugs will always be available, no matter how many DEA agents, troops and border agents are on the offensive. It's a matter of greed, opportunity and supply and demand for the products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso