Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 02:56 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

Hmm.. that's a big change, seems like only yesterday the Republicans had a 10% lead..

Quote:
Republicans and Democrats are tied at 46% among registered voters in Gallup's weekly tracking of congressional voting preferences, marking a shift after five consecutive weeks in which the Republicans held the advantage.
Republicans still lead in enthusiasm though..If Democrats just come out and vote, the losses won't be nearly as bad as some are predicting.

Quote:
There has been no change in the advantage Republicans hold over Democrats on motivation to vote in the fall elections. Republicans remain twice as likely as Democrats to be "very enthusiastic" about voting, tied with the previous week's measure as the largest such advantage of the year.
Parties Tied at 46% in Generic Ballot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 03:31 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
You won't be able to get the dems out to vote. While they talk big about their preference toward dems, they'll be too lazy to get out there since there's no Obama to vote for. It's hard to get so many people to pinch their noses and wait in line for people a candidate could give two sh**s about.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You won't be able to get the dems out to vote. While they talk big about their preference toward dems, they'll be too lazy to get out there since there's no Obama to vote for. It's hard to get so many people to pinch their noses and wait in line for people a candidate could give two sh**s about.
You're probably right about the Democratic voters, but you better hope they don't come out. Otherwise all those wingnut celebrations are going have to be put on hold..

In fact, if I was a Republican, and considering the shape of the economy, I'd be very disappointed if the GOP didn't take control of Congress..

Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Hmm.. that's a big change, seems like only yesterday the Republicans had a 10% lead..
Hmm. That didn't last long, did it. Either people are very fickle, or there's a problem with the polling methods - or maybe it's both.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM

LOL. I'm still tickled pink about my district's recent poll which was supposedly "safe Dem". When I mean "safe Dem", I mean SAFE DEM (2 University towns, intercity minorities, and uber-liberal Carrboro). Well, until today that is.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
LOL. I'm still tickled pink about my district's recent poll which was supposedly "safe Dem". When I mean "safe Dem", I mean SAFE DEM (2 University towns, intercity minorities, and uber-liberal Carrboro). Well, until today that is.
Give me a break. I saw that goofy poll you put up there. Just what kind of polling organization is Action Solutions?

Why don't you try providing us with a REAL poll. Not some nonsense released by the BJ Lawson campaign.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Give me a break. I saw that goofy poll you put up there. Just what kind of polling organization is Action Solutions?

Why don't you try providing us with a REAL poll. Not some nonsense released by the BJ Lawson campaign.
It was a third party polling center, since small congressional elections (esp. ones deemed to be "safe") don't often get polled. It's not surprising since I've actually recruited Obama voters as well as other liberals to the Lawson camp. Actually, the polling information is made public. Why don't you read it and then offer an informed opinion rather than flying off the cuff on how this is a "biased" poll?

http://projects.newsobserver.com/sit...ll_Results.pdf

LOLOLOLOL

Old 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM

59 posts, read 51,599 times
It will depend on how many buses the left rent to ship the homeless to polling stations.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudger View Post
It will depend on how many buses the left rent to ship the homeless to polling stations.
The homeless are Americans too, and their votes count just as much as the votes of rich Americans - much to the chagrin of certain Republicans, I'm sure.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
It was a third party polling center, since small congressional elections (esp. ones deemed to be "safe") don't often get polled. It's not surprising since I've actually recruited Obama voters as well as other liberals to the Lawson camp. Actually, the polling information is made public. Why don't you read it and then offer an informed opinion rather than flying off the cuff on how this is a "biased" poll?

http://projects.newsobserver.com/sit...ll_Results.pdf

LOLOLOLOL
Nice lie.....

Quote:
Action Solutions company grows out of many years of volunteer political activism in Oregon. President Jeff Kubler has worked on initiative campaigns, led a county Republican party as Chair and held other various offices. Jeff has attended several National Republican Conventions, and is currently the 5th Congressional District Republican Chair.
Vice President Lee Vasche was the President of Oregon College Republicans and helped grow it from 3 college clubs to 15 by the time he graduated. Lee has also been an active Republican volunteer, Precinct Committee person, and is currently the head of the Marion County American’s For Prosperity.
Action Solutions, Interactive Communication Experts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections