Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:05 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times

Advertisements

Gallup's generic polling shows the number of voters saying that they would vote for Republicans rising three points from last week, while the number saying they will vote for Democrats dropped four points. The 49%-43% lead for the Republicans is the largest that the pollster has ever recorded for the party. Moreover, Democratic enthusiasm for voting this fall fell a point, while enthusiasm among Republicans stayed about fifteen points higher. This indicates an even wider lead for Republicans once Gallup imposes a likely voter screen this fall.

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup Generic*Ballot - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Democrats it might be time to wake up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,065 times
I'm pleasant that America is seeing the violate effects of "Obama Wave" and is voting to flatten it.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Pretty amazing. Even with both parties in the basement in term of approval ratings, people would still pick a R over a D. Good news indeed.

According to Gallup, the % right now for the democrats would translate into a massive seat loss - 70-80 range.

Dang, would that be so cool to witness?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
You're seeing that people realize that liberal democrats are as bad as or worse than the republicans they kicked out of office in 2008. So will conservatives make a resurgence and will the democrats change leadership and become more conservative? Or maybe we'll finally start electing more independants and third party candidates and break this cycle of failure?
But I agree that a staggering loss for the democrats would be fun to see.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I would not be pleased to see the corrupt Republicans gain any seats in Congress. Our government is already run by the upper one half percent of the population and I do not want that to be legitimized. We Democrats need to nominate and elect candidates that will move out government much further left in the political spectrum so the mass of the American people actually benefit from our government instead of remaining victims of the Crony Capitalists that own the Republicans.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:34 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Its now back to a tie 46-46

Old 06-07-2010, 04:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
So So lronic is it not, could not wait to get rid of what we had, and we now have something NO BETTER, at all. The media helped Obama with this plan to get him elected, now some are sorry that they did. He is not any different then what we have had, sorry, but he is not, think so, think again. Spends, like a wizard, lies as the rest have done, cannot keep his promises, has not fulfilled the dreams of HOPE AND CHANGE that so many have invested in him, and thought they would receive. All lies, nothing more. No different in any way, we are no better in any way, economy in the tank, things are not looking up, however the media wishes to spin it, infact most of Obama's wittle sheeple, seem to spin the truth when it comes to him.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would not be pleased to see the corrupt Republicans gain any seats in Congress. Our government is already run by the upper one half percent of the population and I do not want that to be legitimized. We Democrats need to nominate and elect candidates that will move out government much further left in the political spectrum so the mass of the American people actually benefit from our government instead of remaining victims of the Crony Capitalists that own the Republicans.
I feel as you do about the corrupt Democrats in office currently!You Democrats, need to get your act together, or this Country is going downhill faster then you can spin it. And believe me when it comes to spin tales, you guys are really really good at it!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I feel as you do about the corrupt Democrats in office currently!You Democrats, need to get your act together, or this Country is going downhill faster then you can spin it. And believe me when it comes to spin tales, you guys are really really good at it!

I agree. Amazing on the left wingers attack the republican party when this current congress ran by of course the democrats has the worse record of any congress in history and have been as corrupt a group as there has ever been.

Never in my life have I seen a group of lying, cheating, corrupt politicians like this group of dems.

They are running the show how they want and not how the people who elected them want them to.

The majority of Americans have had it with this current crop of scam artist and they will pay for there 3 years of saying NO to the American people and doing nothing.

Remember, there are only 21% of us that consider themselves liberal and with this congress and the fool in the WH screwing up everything they touch I can see that number go down even further.

Liberalism is about to be gone from American politics for many years to come thanks to the gift of Obama and this corrupt dem controlled congress.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
This ius more a rejection of the results of the democratic congress and administration than nany push to republican ideas really. I have never witnessed such a quick change of fortunes by any party like the democrats. it just showes that results count when you spend the taxpayers into such debt very quickly with poor results.T9o eb fair i did think any presdient sould solve the problem facing us in four years but the increase in debt verus results is hasting it for the current democratic leadership. The political pendlum swings but rarely this quickly.This one continues to swing agianst encumbents strongly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections