Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
The mere fact that there's a loud group of conspiracy theorists who are willing to ignore all objective and credible evidence in favor of racially based nonsense does not mean that there's actually any reasonable doubt about Obama's eligibility for office.

Those who spread birther lies at this point say more about themselves with their conspiracy theory crap than they do about any inaction on Obama's part.
i am not argueing whether he was born in the USA, I just am thinking what I would do: I would be the first to say:
look you idiots, here is a copy of my certified birth Certificate. Instead he chooses to continue to give an arrogant, non answer...That is my only gripe and yes, I know people who are on the birther kick, they bug me as much as those who are totally on the other side. Both groups drive me nuts.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 12:16 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i am not argueing whether he was born in the USA, I just am thinking what I would do: I would be the first to say:
look you idiots, here is a copy of my certified birth Certificate. Instead he chooses to continue to give an arrogant, non answer...
But the first thing Obama did was to post a copy of his certified birth certificate on his website! Contemporary birth announcements in local papers were also found and put online! Relevant state officials (who were Republicans) also vouched for the authenticity of the birth certificate posted online and confirmed that everything they have shows that Obama was born in Hawaii!

Arrogant non-answer? All they deserve is to be ignored and ridiculed if they are still advancing their bizarre conspiracy theory after all that.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
But the first thing Obama did was to post a copy of his certified birth certificate on his website! Contemporary birth announcements in local papers were also found and put online! Relevant state officials (who were Republicans) also vouched for the authenticity of the birth certificate posted online and confirmed that everything they have shows that Obama was born in Hawaii!

Arrogant non-answer? All they deserve is to be ignored and ridiculed if they are still advancing their bizarre conspiracy theory after all that.
I guess I was sleeping on that first day...What was in local papers, though I would believe them isn't what was wanted. Yes, a copy of his certified bitth certificate given to the press should have been the end of it. What was on his website doesn't shut people up. We all know what can be done with computers today...

Nita

Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
look you idiots, here is a copy of my certified birth Certificate. Instead he chooses to continue to give an arrogant, non answer...That is my only gripe and yes, I know people who are on the birther kick, they bug me as much as those who are totally on the other side. Both groups drive me nuts.

Nita
He ALREADY did that. How many times does that have to be told to you? He released his birth certificate almost three years ago. The birther bats**** still remained.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
I guess I was sleeping on that first day...What was in local papers, though I would believe them isn't what was wanted. Yes, a copy of his certified bitth certificate given to the press should have been the end of it. What was on his website doesn't shut people up. We all know what can be done with computers today...

Nita
It was certified by Hawaii state officials, including its GOP Governor Linda Lingle, who was a strong McCain supporter and was a potential VP candidate. It was publicly released, the only reason why it hasn't ended is the birthers are a bunch of conspiracy theory crazy folk (many are quite racist), that is really what this is about. It has been publicly released (which is something no other President or candidate has even done btw) verified, etc. To anyone with even a remote semblance of a brain this was settled and done with months before Election Day, but the crazy folk don't believe in legal birth certificates, they don't believe in legal documents.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
Quote:
I guess I was sleeping on that first day...What was in local papers, though I would believe them isn't what was wanted.
Fight the Smears: The Truth About Barack (http://www.fightthesmears.com/articles/5/birthcertificate.html - broken link)

Quote:
Yes, a copy of his certified bitth certificate given to the press should have been the end of it.
Good, I'm glad we agree. Maybe you'd be willing to reconsider your statement that Obama's response was an "arrogant non answer?"

Quote:
What was on his website doesn't shut people up. We all know what can be done with computers today...

Nita
And maybe when you have the Republican governor of Hawaii and her Republican appointed director of the Department of Health both vouching for the birth certificate's authenticity, that should've also been the end of it?

Just because somebody doesn't go out of their way to placate conspiracy theorists who are making wild speculations doesn't mean that their allegations are true, or that they even deserve to be addressed. Should Bush have ever gone point-by-point about why truthers were full of crap? He didn't, and I respect him for that.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:47 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It was certified by Hawaii state officials, including its GOP Governor Linda Lingle, who was a strong McCain supporter and was a potential VP candidate. It was publicly released, the only reason why it hasn't ended is the birthers are a bunch of conspiracy theory crazy folk (many are quite racist), that is really what this is about. It has been publicly released (which is something no other President or candidate has even done btw) verified, etc. To anyone with even a remote semblance of a brain this was settled and done with months before Election Day, but the crazy folk don't believe in legal birth certificates, they don't believe in legal documents.
This!

For Trump to even bring this up shows he is a non-contender and is pulling at straws to rile up extremist.

This whole "birther" thing does ring very close to racist as well IMO. To say that another candidate never needed to publicly produce a birth certificate is proof of that. What was the basis of Obama needing to do this? Probably just some nutjob who wanted to create conspiracy theories.

There is nothing that the president can produce that will quell the beliefs of hardcore birthers, which would be my guess as to why he doesn't even bother to address the issue anymore. I wouldn't either if I were in the same position.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Trump now calling for an investigation into the Gov of Hawaii. Go nut jobs!

Old 03-29-2011, 04:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Trump now calling for an investigation into the Gov of Hawaii. Go nut jobs!
Trump just demeans himself by catering to the birthers. He'd better stick to real estate and reality shows.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 PM

313 posts, read 324,637 times
Barack or Barry Obama has never shown his state certified birth certificate. No doctor or nurse has come forward and said they were in the delivery room the day the great Barack was born. You can not find his birth certificate anywhere on the net. Trump has a legitimate ***** about why this guy is afraid to show his birth certificate. I watched his grandmother in Kenya talk about how proud she was the day she seen him born in Kenya. I have looked for that clip on the net and you cant find that anymore either. Why was that scrubbed. Oh and Donald did show his. We know at least one of these two men was born in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections