Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,326,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Well, 60 something million Americans made the foolish mistake of electing Obama, so what makes you think they won't elect Trump or Paul?
They simply DON'T LIKE EITHER GUY ENOUGH FOR THEM TO GET ELECTED.

Trump comes off as an arrogant blowhard.

Ron Paul comes off as crotchety old man. There is nothing about him or his rhetoric that is hopeful, paints an optimistic vision for the future, or inspiring. He's a policy wonk that is charismatically deprived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,326,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It's called a slow bleed. if you don't think America is worse off and decaying from the inside you're not paying attention. But maybe your handle is illustrative of how you spend your free time. America is circling the drain........maybe not the 1% of the country that owns more wealth than the bottom 90% but the middle class is disappearing.....going extinct.........and we are gone America is gone.....and you'll be living in a third world country brainwashed into thinking you might be able to make it big and become part of that 1%.
Well it was nice while it lasted.

If America was truly meant to last then it will last.

What is going on right now is national debate about the future of America and what it will look like and what kinds of values it will have.

The American people are directly responsible for the decline of this country. No President is going to turn this country around. Motivated active people that get involved a community and national level will.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,600,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
He could not possibly screw up as bad as what we already have in office. He is Smart, Business Savy, and i think would do what is right for the Country, unlike what we have in office at present, who is someone with no business sense.
I agree!

Our current POTUS is extremely inept and in way over his head. His grass roots, community organizer, experience means nothing. Add to that the fact he is also a narcissist, has surrounded himself with corrupt people, and you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.......Donald Trump looks pretty good!

Old 02-16-2011, 06:29 AM

37,827 posts, read 41,163,799 times
If more people declare they are a Republican candidate for President it will force the Democrats to spend more. Right now they are chomping at the bit for Republicans to "declare." I say 50 people should "declare" and bleep the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) that can't handle more than two candidates per party. We don't need them anymore, anyway, to tell us who we should vote for.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,598,032 times
I, for one, am hoping and praying that Donald Trump runs for President (with Sarah Palin as his VP) because I think that a lot of people want answers from all of the real estate swindles and bogus business scams that he has been involved in over the years.....

Trump University a Scam, Suit Claims

Trump University Scam | Rip-off Report: 265879

Trump Being Sued Over Mexico Condo-Hotel Project - Real Estate Channel Global News Center

Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 PM

555 posts, read 879,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
All of the above make him exactly the opposite of the weak, incompetent,inexperienced egomaniac Obama and his legion of equally unqualified stooges.
Did you say "egomaniac?"

You do not participate in the construction industry in NYC and AC without doing business with the mafia.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:18 PM

187 posts, read 182,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I have a hell of a lot more respect for a self made billionaire than I do some community activist that has never built anything, never ran anything and has never accomplished anything tangible.

Big difference between Bush II (who inherited his wealth and power) and guys like Trump, Gates, Perot, etc... that did it on their own. You may not like then but you have to respect their accomplishments.

Now I don't know if I'd vote for Trump as he's a bit of a loose cannon but I have more respect for him than I do for someone who was born into power (Bush) or someone like Obama that comes from liberal academia and has little practical life experience.

Well, not exactly, his dad was not on welfare, no question, he is successful despite going into bankrupcy all too often, now, he is not stupid, he is not running because he has no chance against Barrack...

Old 02-25-2011, 03:31 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,937,481 times
trump has filed how many bankruptcies now?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:28 PM

27,343 posts, read 15,472,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Every Republican and their mother can run and they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of unseating this successful president. Trump, just looking for publicity and probably money.

Ron Paul can say anything as a candidate to sucker in support, but we all know that ultimately as President, he must gain Congressional approval. Paul speaks as though he can make things happen without the Constitutional checks and balances. What a loser. No wonder he has consistently been rejected.

Shame on you Pubs for not being able to do better.

Can you enlighten us on this "successful" part, I think I missed that.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,582,839 times
Default Donald Trump May Make The Run.......

He was on the Today Show stating he may run for President. He was asked certain questions about the US and IMHO, answered them pretty well.

Thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections