Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times

Advertisements

"Mike Huckabee’s camp has sought to refute a new report that the former Arkansas governor won’t seek the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. This latest report comes on top of assertions by political experts that Huckabee won’t run. The Process Story blog reported that Huckabee “is giving his former S.C. supporters the nod to seek work on other presidential campaigns. The word is that he’s told South Carolina staffers that they have his blessing for them to peddle their wares elsewhere."

Rasmussen: Huckabee Dropping Out Will Help Dark Horse Emerge

I suppose if it is true we'll know this week because the first GOP debate is coming up on FOX and I think (but I'm not sure) all they have to do to be eligible is to have formed an exploratory committee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
I do not understand why he would run.
I like him and his views in many ways but he is not Presidential material.

We cannot afford to have a long list of those who have no shot in winning the nomination step aside.

We really need to focus on the very best overall candidate so we can assure ourselves of a victory over Obama. If we do this we can get this country back from the anti American radical left wing.

I am hoping people remember the massacre of the left wingers last November and it carries on into the next elections. Nothing has changed since November other then things are getting worse under Obamas control and that needs to be the focus of attention.

Keep the eye on the ball and bring Obamas horrific record to the front page daily. As long as we concentrate on his record, his mistakes, his lies and broken promises and nominate a viable candidate Obama is toast.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:47 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,257,971 times
Good. He wouldn't win anyways. He can continue to play his guitar on Fox.

Now all we need is to remove Trump from this silliness and we can focus on real (potential) candidates like Romney and Daniels.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Mike Huckabee’s camp has sought to refute a new report that the former Arkansas governor won’t seek the 2012 Republican presidential nomination. This latest report comes on top of assertions by political experts that Huckabee won’t run. The Process Story blog reported that Huckabee “is giving his former S.C. supporters the nod to seek work on other presidential campaigns. The word is that he’s told South Carolina staffers that they have his blessing for them to peddle their wares elsewhere."

Rasmussen: Huckabee Dropping Out Will Help Dark Horse Emerge

I suppose if it is true we'll know this week because the first GOP debate is coming up on FOX and I think (but I'm not sure) all they have to do to be eligible is to have formed an exploratory committee.
I have never thought he would run again, or I haven't since his TV program has taken off. I think the evangitical (spellin?) connection would eventually end his bid even if he got the nomination. He did some good in AR and some bad as we all know, he is not a fiscal conservative which is what most are looking to find at this time.

His move to Florida seems to indicate he is really to hang up politics, I am not sure his wife is gung hoo about being first lady of the country and he is loving the attention and money he gets from doing a once a week show on FOX.

Nita

Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
The 2012 Ballot:

Obama
Not Obama

Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,063,721 times
I like Huckabee to a degree, but if the GOP wants another landslide loss then yes..throw Huckabee in the ring against Obama. I am an Obama supporter. I think the 2 viable candidates for the GOP that would really give Team Obama a run for their money would be Romney (said that from beginning) and now I am starting to listen to what Trump is saying. So if it were a Trump/Romeny ticket...Wow.... That would be a pretty strong ticket...but to alpha males on one ticket..Trump would want to be the top dog and Romeny well you know the rest....

Old 04-30-2011, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I like Huckabee to a degree, but if the GOP wants another landslide loss then yes..throw Huckabee in the ring against Obama. I am an Obama supporter. I think the 2 viable candidates for the GOP that would really give Team Obama a run for their money would be Romney (said that from beginning) and now I am starting to listen to what Trump is saying. So if it were a Trump/Romeny ticket...Wow.... That would be a pretty strong ticket...but to alpha males on one ticket..Trump would want to be the top dog and Romeny well you know the rest....
If Huckabee does decide to run and he might he will not get the nomination: if he does, it will not be a landslide loss for the GOP I don't think. Can he beat Obama, I don't know. Trump/Romney, not likely at all.

Nita

Old 04-30-2011, 09:05 AM

369 posts, read 618,278 times
Huckabee is a media created, "safe" and "acceptable" media's version of a "right-wing" candidate. Instead look at true right candidates like Bachmann and Santorum.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Huckabee is a media created, "safe" and "acceptable" media's version of a "right-wing" candidate. Instead look at true right candidates like Bachmann and Santorum.
I think most of us who follow politics know Huckabee is a social conservative in most ways, not a fiscal conservative and if anything, the people in this country would rather have it the other way around.

Nita

Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
It doesn't look like Huckabee is going to run. Aside fro, that I don't think he is electable nationally. I personally think Huntsman would be the strongest candidate in the General, though I don't think he has a chance in hell of getting the GOP nomination.

The gay bashing is just going to turn off those in the middle, and those that engage in that type of stuff have no chance. Whether its Huckabee's gay comparison to drugs and incest. Santorum's man on dog comparison, or Bachmann's children will be told to try it if we allow gay marriage crapola. That kind of stuff isn't going to fly. Beating up on the gays whether its Huckabee, Santorum or Bachmann is only going to turn off those in the middle. Granted Huckabee is ore electable than either Santorum or Bachmann (both of whom would get absolutely obliterated) but Huckabee is too socially conservative for those in the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections