Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Mike Huckabee will be offered the vice presidency by Mccain?
Yes 12 21.05%
No 28 49.12%
Maybe 17 29.82%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:58 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,433,153 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else think that Mike Huckabee will be offered the vice presidency by Mccain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 05:21 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
i am guessing by the time the convention rolls around, huckabee will have annoyed mccain too much to be selected. huckabee is clearly a backstabber and would do or say anything to win. i just heard a quote by huckabee, "i didn't major in math, i majored in miracles". i truly believe that sentence just about sums him up and why he could never win the general election and why mccain would not pick him for a running mate.

Last edited by floridasandy; 02-10-2008 at 06:07 AM..

Old 02-10-2008, 07:30 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
Does anyone else think that Mike Huckabee will be offered the vice presidency by Mccain?
It makes a certain amount of sense. Huckabee would help in southern states and with the evangelicals. And he keeps beating the odds in the primaries. Look at the red states he's won - Mack has struggled there. He's an effective speaker whose sense of humor helps to defuse tough audiences. He's also 20 years younger than McCain, adding an advantage to what many would see as a concern.

You never know what kind of behind-the-scenes dealmaking goes on, but a Mack-Huck ticket could be a good pairing. The two seem to be compatible.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:19 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
It makes a certain amount of sense. Huckabee would help in southern states and with the evangelicals. And he keeps beating the odds in the primaries. Look at the red states he's won - Mack has struggled there. He's an effective speaker whose sense of humor helps to defuse tough audiences. He's also 20 years younger than McCain, adding an advantage to what many would see as a concern.

You never know what kind of behind-the-scenes dealmaking goes on, but a Mack-Huck ticket could be a good pairing. The two seem to be compatible.
since you are a declared obama supporter, that is not helpful advice for the republican ticket. maybe i can advise you on the democratic ticket!

Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
I could see it happening.

McCain's VP pick will have to address one of two things. His lack of support by both evangelicals and conservatives who dislike liars, or his complete incompetence on issues not related to national security.

Either way, I don't see him filling the holes in this coming election. He's the lamb heading off to slaughter.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:18 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I could also see that happening;especially since he is from the south and McCain from the west.I think the election is going to be closer than many people think.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
I doubt it. He has p*ssed of McCain and you don't want to do that to an already angry individual. He is not qualified, and I believe god long ago left this country, so there will be no miracles here.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:23 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
since you are a declared obama supporter, that is not helpful advice for the republican ticket.
1. It's true that I support Obama in this campaign.
2. I'm a lifelong Republican who has never voted for a Democratic presidential candidate. My support for Republicans dates back to Nixon.
3. You're confusing my opinion with "advice." No one in either party is soliciting my advice. But since this is a political forum dedicated to the 2008 elections, my comment seemed to be fully appropriate here.

You're free to disagree, of course.

Quote:
maybe i can advise you on the democratic ticket!
Go ahead and "advise" away. But do so with the understanding that I have no input to the decision. Your high-level contacts on the Republican and Democratic National Committees might be a more fruitful field for your advice.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:36 AM

756 posts, read 2,000,578 times
Maybe I mean it may help MCcain in the long run, it can not hurt him!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,909,003 times
I think McCain will pick Crist as his vice president. Crist has just passed the tax cut in Florida and the people think he's great. He we be in office before the people find out the cuts were bogus. Crist will get the Gay vote and look the part for the evangelicals too!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections