Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
It's true. Obama is well respected over here and we are happy that sanity has returned to the White House after 8 catastrophic years of Bush.
Have you talked to the heads of states in Europe? I doubt it, as an individual you might be happy, but he is not respected by leaders..OF course I have noticed you are one person who doesn't like challenges and rarely if ever has an answer to a question asked of you. Is this typical of those in Demark, I don't think so, I hope not. I think it must be very hard for you to understand, the small country of Denmark does not represent the views of all of Europe.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM

22,201 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturegal View Post
Like most liberals believed 9/11 was a govt plot?

Truth is, Obama's grandmother stated early in the campaign he was born in Kenya. She was quickly shut up.

Calling O "untouchable" is wishful thinking.... the man has been exposed as a Marxist and a disaster for America who will surely LOSE in 2012. ACORN can't help him cheat his way into the WH this time around.

Nice try though.
1. Most liberals did not believe 9/11 was a govt plot.

2 Obama's step grandmother never said that, it was an edited transcript of a translation error that the birthers ran with. The full transcript shows she said Hawaii. He released his state certified and official Hawaii birth certificate three years ago. He has also released the long form.

3. Thanks for proving you have NO idea WHATSOEVER what Marxism is....

Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,470,010 times
Just like 1991.

All the "big" democrats - Cuomo, etc. - did'nt think Bush 42 could lose after Desert Storm. So they stood down. A little known Govenor from Arkansas saw an opening because of this and went after the Democratic nomination. Look what happended then....

Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 PM

190 posts, read 498,552 times
Quote:
Most liberals did not believe 9/11 was a govt plot.
You can't prove this any more than you can prove all Tea Party Patriots are birthers.

The point is BHO shows himself to be a master liar and a chameleon ... changing his views and sympathies to suit the audience at hand. Sorry, but he is indeed a neo Marxist. Because you have a different definition of Marxism doesn't obscure this fact to thinking individuals.

Again, nice try.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:03 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,236,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturegal View Post
You can't prove this any more than you can prove all Tea Party Patriots are birthers.

The point is BHO shows himself to be a master liar and a chameleon ... changing his views and sympathies to suit the audience at hand. Sorry, but he is indeed a neo Marxist. Because you have a different definition of Marxism doesn't obscure this fact to thinking individuals.

Again, nice try.
No, defining someone using a false definition based on ignorance does not fool knowledgeable people.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,196,400 times
Quote:
"This guy has done more in 2.5 years than Bush did in 8?" Maybe but not all of it was good! He is overspending more than Bush did.
Little of the spending had anything to do with him. The bailouts were done under Bush. He did push the stimulus plan, but the bulk of the deficits are due to more people being unemployed and using government services. There are also a lot less revenues coming in. Those things happen in a recession.

Contrary to what you neophyte pink commies might think, the President doesn't have direct control over the economy. You could put Warren Buffet in office right now and the country would still be running massive deficits.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM

910 posts, read 1,678,212 times
Untouchable? Do any older members remember Bush Sr? He had a very high approval rating after Desert Storm, but when taxes went up and the economy slumped, he got owned by Bill Clinton. Obama could very well find himself in the same scenario.

Last edited by jon1987; 05-03-2011 at 05:45 PM..

Old 05-03-2011, 05:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Kind of reminds me of Bush's seniors positio after the gulf war;can't be beat.National pride restored after the vietnam war with a great victory. It will fade long before the npovember eelctions and we will be back on the ecomomy and the deficit. The american attention spna is very short and there is always the news story and old news.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Bin Laden
Healthcare
repeal of DADT
Consumer Protection Agency
Saved the global economy from collapse
reverse the trend for job loss
pushed through legislation that makes it illegal to not pay women for the same work as men
cutting the debt and putting a plan together
getting us out of Iraq/Afghanistan
cut taxes
tax credits
tax credits for students/college
has the respect of foreign leaders
etc, etc, etc
this guy has done more in 2.5 years than Bush did in 8....
What???? Are you KIDDING? The only thing he did and it was completely unconsitutional was to have Nancy Pelosi RAM THROUGH Obamacare which this country can never in a million years afford.

Our Deficit is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Personal Liberties are at an ALL TIME LOW. He not only did not bring the troops home like he promised but he sent MORE TROOPS abroad; STARTED ANOTHER WAR.

I would agree he has done more to HARM THE COUNTRY in 2.5 years than Bush did in 8.

Let me also state that I voted for a third party in the last election.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM

76 posts, read 123,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
What???? Are you KIDDING? The only thing he did and it was completely unconsitutional was to have Nancy Pelosi RAM THROUGH Obamacare which this country can never in a million years afford.

Our Deficit is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Personal Liberties are at an ALL TIME LOW. He not only did not bring the troops home like he promised but he sent MORE TROOPS abroad; STARTED ANOTHER WAR.

I would agree he has done more to HARM THE COUNTRY in 2.5 years than Bush did in 8.

Let me also state that I voted for a third party in the last election.
Yet we can afford to let those who have to face lifes unfortunate brutality just suffer and die, even if it's not their fault!? Yet we can somehow afford billion dollar oil tax cuts, to oil companies that make billions...? Am I missing something!?

Note that taxes are at an all time low and spending is at an all time high, we all know WAR IS NOT FREE G.W.B!

You can think our lack of liberties to those idiot teabagging conservatives.

I highly doubt anyone has messed this country up like G.W.B did, I'll cut him slack for everything he had to deal with and juggle, but Obama deals with and juggles 10x what Bush did, and do you see him breaking a sweat? Or just letting it run its course? Even if that course just runs us into the ground.

On a side note, it's sad that the republican candidates who could and would actually do something good for this country will never even make it to your favorite news channel.

And on an extra side not, to those of you who say the health care REFORM is unconstitutional, if that's the case so is car insurance and taxes. The government can require you to do something if it's in the best interest of the individual and the country for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections