Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM

185 posts, read 159,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yet you failed to provide the education, to show your rational thinking.

Yes, I'm serious as a heart attack on the 4th of July.

All one has to do to find the truth, is research both of their voting records on policy.
Where is this said research?
Enlighten the masses oh great one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
I haven't reaslly seen that Tea party people are promoting apul fpor president really. Some seem to but alot do not. The one thing they agree on seems to be smaller governamnt and its a movemnet not a party. I see some in each party actaully adopting some of their stances really.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,760,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
I am really curious what you think the Tea Party stands for. Since there is no one "leader" of the Tea Party, but many who claim it and have tried to co-opt it as someone stated earlier, I wonder where people get their information on what it is all about. Libertarians are for limited government and strict adherence to the constitution and personal liberty. Isn't the Tea Party for limited government, strict adherence to the constitution and personal liberty?

The Tea Party was born out of frustration with the Republican Party's lack of fiscal conservatism, true, but doesn't that go hand in hand with limited government, abiding by the Constitution and therefore means more personal freedom? Aren't there Democrats, Independents and Republicans who are sick and tired of the nanny state and have joined the Tea Party?

I agree there are too many people who are getting entitlements from the government to get rid of them, but we do not have a choice because we can no longer afford them, nor the military bases all over the world, nor wars, nor the size of government. (I do not include SS or Medicare as an "entitlement" because we paid for those benefits when FICA was taken out of each and every paycheck.)

I think there are at least two huge areas where the Tea Party does not align with the Libertarian Party.

1. Personal freedom. Libertarians believe drugs, prostitution and gambling should be legal. I don't think the TP agrees.

2. Wars. Libertarians believe we should end ALL wars immediately and withdraw our troops from foreign lands followed by a huge reduction in staff and spending. I don't think the TP agrees.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM

309 posts, read 428,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Hopefully you are joking...otherwise you would be a good example to those who want some sort of test to be allowed to vote....
oz, stranger things have happened. I worked for a woman who actually voted for Bill Clinton because she "thought he was cute". Susan B. Anthony must have turned in her grave.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So we shouldn't use a term because some people are offended? Don't want to hurt peoples feelings. sniff sniff

You guys picked that term, want someone to blame, look in the mirror. If you guys were too stupid to know what it means, well that's your problem.

Oh, because there are a couple who said it means all must suffer. That is like saying all white men must suffer for the sins of those who wear pointy white hats. Got it, and thanks for that clarification.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,883,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Shhhhh....let them think that their pipe dream is possible.

Signed,

President Obama supporter
LOL...how is that hope and change working out for you???

Old 06-21-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
He wants to take away all of their crony protections, put liability back on corporations and take away their corporate welfare. It doesn't take a genius to see that Fox would be very much against that.

Here are a couple links that show the deception. I watched the CPAC announcement live, then watched that interview, I though they just had a different mic or something, I could not believe they used an old video. (Well actually I could)

YouTube - ‪Busted:Fox News CPAC Ron Paul Video Deception‬‏

Here is a great clip of all the spin.

YouTube - ‪Ron Paul Vs Fox News at CPAC 2010 Presidential Straw Poll for 2012‬‏
Wow. I watched both videos and saw the apology video from Fox as well. Thanks for posting those. As I said, Fox lost credibility with some viewers because of the way they treated Dr. Paul last election and it doesn't look as if they are winning any points this go round either. If Fox is guilty of being afraid of Dr. Paul taking away their corporate welfare, and by that I assume you mean tax breaks, then wouldn't the other cable news networks be guilty of the same? At any rate, heres to Dr. Paul. He seems to be a good man with a good heart.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I think there are at least two huge areas where the Tea Party does not align with the Libertarian Party.

1. Personal freedom. Libertarians believe drugs, prostitution and gambling should be legal. I don't think the TP agrees.

2. Wars. Libertarians believe we should end ALL wars immediately and withdraw our troops from foreign lands followed by a huge reduction in staff and spending. I don't think the TP agrees.
Interesting. That is the problem with labels, attempts to put folks in a box and the box doesn't always fit like a glove. Guess I'm one of those hybrids. I like the Libertarian platform, except for their open border stance. Ya can't have everything, I'd still vote for Dr. Paul.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 PM

865 posts, read 676,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do people really think he could end public education, the federal reserve, and big government? Are people this naive? There is no way 95% of what Ron Paul says would ever happen.
I'm not a Tea Party or Tea Bagger, or however you want to label people that you don't like, but the answer is still very simple with a bit of real knowledge, unlike your moniker suggests.

As far as people who understand how politics work, how the Constitution works, and understand what Ron Paul wants to do.

He never said he wants to end public education. The Department of Education is a cabinet department, of course the President can phase it out, and it should be phased out. It hasn't helped public education one iota.

The Federal Reserve was enacted by executive order, it can be repealed by executive order. Of course it can be phased out.

I would say those two things already lead to shrinking big government. But it doesn't end there. There are literally thousands of books and maybe close to a million references on what and how big government can be shrunk. Ron Paul has talked in detail on how we approach this, and it is likely that President Paul would do as you suggest.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk101 View Post
Where is this said research?
Enlighten the masses oh great one.

Do your own, or didn't they teach you that in school. Is that why you have a hard time dealing with life, you need big bad government taking care of you and making the choices for you, because they think your too stupid to make the right choice on your own?

Joe Lieberman's voting record - Google Search

Joseph Lieberman - SourceWatch
Lieberman's Record

ron paul voting record - Google Search

GovTrack: Search Legislation in Congress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections