Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,393,927 times

Advertisements

This is pulled from an article in today's Washington Post, about Michelle and Marcus Bachmann's relationship. The article is full of stuff that scared the peanuts out of my Snickers bar, but this was maybe the worst (my italics):

<<<Dr. Bachmann’s influence on his wife is an article of faith within the family. “He is her godly husband,” said Peter Bachmann, Dr. Bachmann’s oldest brother, who lives on the family dairy farm across the eastern border in Wisconsin. “The husband is to be the head of the wife, according to God.”

It is a philosophy that Michele Bachmann echoed to congregants of the the Living Word Christian Center in 2006, when she stated that she pursued her degree in tax law only because her husband had told her to. “The Lord says: Be submissive, wives. You are to be submissive to your husbands,” she said.>>>

Are the citizens of the US willing to vote for a president who openly declares her submissiveness to the will of another person? Who states she does what her husband tells her to do?

How will we know who you are really voting for, Michelle....... or Marcus???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 11:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
Thank you for your information. This is a very good reason to stop her political career in its tracks. she is not herself but a direct conduit for her husband and the voters did not vote for him.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:24 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,311,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
This is pulled from an article in today's Washington Post, about Michelle and Marcus Bachmann's relationship. The article is full of stuff that scared the peanuts out of my Snickers bar, but this was maybe the worst (my italics):

<<<Dr. Bachmann’s influence on his wife is an article of faith within the family. “He is her godly husband,” said Peter Bachmann, Dr. Bachmann’s oldest brother, who lives on the family dairy farm across the eastern border in Wisconsin. “The husband is to be the head of the wife, according to God.”

It is a philosophy that Michele Bachmann echoed to congregants of the the Living Word Christian Center in 2006, when she stated that she pursued her degree in tax law only because her husband had told her to. “The Lord says: Be submissive, wives. You are to be submissive to your husbands,” she said.>>>

Are the citizens of the US willing to vote for a president who openly declares her submissiveness to the will of another person? Who states she does what her husband tells her to do?

We already voted for a submissive president: Bill Clinton. Hillary called the shots on policy matters while he was in the White House. Billy was happy just making speeches and chasing a$$.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Thank you for your information. This is a very good reason to stop her political career in its tracks. she is not herself but a direct conduit for her husband and the voters did not vote for him.
The left wasn't complaining about that with Bill Clinton when Hillary was throwing lamps at him in the West wing.

I'm pretty certain that Michelle Obama wears the pants in the West wing in her husband's only term too.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,326,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The left wasn't complaining about that with Bill Clinton when Hillary was throwing lamps at him in the West wing.

I'm pretty certain that Michelle Obama wears the pants in the West wing in her husband's only term too.
Quote:
Predictable deflection from the thread topic
Quote:
Is deflection all you have?
Quote:
Nice deflection,
Quote:
Care to actually address the thread topic ...or are you just doing the usual deflection and thread hijacking?
Quote:
Deflection alert!
Quote:
Awwwwwwww.........another topic deflection
Quote:
Deflection perhaps?
Quote:
Cute deflection
Quote:
Nice deflection from the real subject at hand.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,056 times
We already have a president that is submissive to George Soros...so what is the issue?

Is there really an issue with a woman submitting to her husband in Spiritual matters? I'm sure that's a foreign concept to you, since Skippy rarely darkens the door of a church.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,774,915 times
Ok, I'm confused. Aren't we repeatedly told by the left that politicians personal life is irrelevant? So why the change of heart?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,466,628 times
I am ashamed for females that think like her. She is her own person and should not be submissive to anyone.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I am ashamed for females that think like her. She is her own person and should not be submissive to anyone.

Why? Do you ever submit to an employer, or a police officer, or anyone else?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,014,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Get back to us when you're willing to hold candidates from both parties to the same standard. Until such time as you are this is just more partisan nonsense intended to make the other guy look bad while ignoring the problems with your own guys.

As an aside I'm not a supporter of Bachmann and don't consider her a realistic candidate. That doesn't stop the endless partisan mudslinging from being trite and tiresome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections