Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There you go again with your assumptions.

I'm not slamming Bachmann at all.

I'm just saying that as voters we need some clarification as to where Mrs Bachmann draws the line in terms of submission to her husband. She hasn't provided any information to suggest that she draws the line at all. And I think truth and common sense would say that if she doesn't draw the line, then why aren't we voting for her husband instead of for her?
Why do you need a clarification? What business is her private home life with her husband of yours? Her voting record is public record.

Did you demand clarification of every male running for the office of POTUS to see if they had the word "obey" in their marriage vows to their wife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I think the secret is can the republican drive the base to get rid of obama verus can Obama get base plus like last time. It will depend on economy:IMO.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:32 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
I guess Hillary should never try and run again....no???
Woman=submissive or this only goes for conservatives.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:48 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Get back to us when you're willing to hold candidates from both parties to the same standard. Until such time as you are this is just more partisan nonsense intended to make the other guy look bad while ignoring the problems with your own guys.

As an aside I'm not a supporter of Bachmann and don't consider her a realistic candidate. That doesn't stop the endless partisan mudslinging from being trite and tiresome.
So reporting quotes from candidates that will weigh fundamentally on what kind of president they would be, and asking the candidates supporters if they can explain and defend what their candidate said- you consider that "partisan mudslinging"?

I don't hide my personal politics (to the left of Trotsky). But I'm no hypocrite. I hold Dem candidates to the same standards as GOPers.

There are plenty of RW posters on this board who are quick to point out the foibles of the Dems. As a lefty, I fulfill the same purpose for the LW. Don't you believe in the public vetting of our would-be leaders? How else do you suggest we do it?

How about responding to the issue in the thread, instead of dodging it?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:57 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,421 times
Bush and Obama were/are submissive to the Wal-Street's of the world, so what's the difference?

Old 07-06-2011, 05:01 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
I'm just glad to see a republican that won't be as hard on homosexuals like myself!
I'm glad too! you deserve to be treated as equals

Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 PM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, Obama, all have show signs of submissiveness when it comes to taking orders from their corporate masters. How many rolled over on dealing with the Chinese? How many rolled over when it came to allowing the Banks and Wall Street to run wild? How many stood up to their party to demand more responsible spending?
They've all been pushovers. The last two most of all. Obama gets pushed around them most and is respected the least by foreign leaders.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,462,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Is your employer superior to you ijn any way? And do you think Bachmann submits to her husband no matter what he does? In any and every situation?

So you and your husband are constantly beating each other because neither one of you wants to let the other call the shots?
Your comparison is flawed. I don't need to work for my boss and I am not submissive to my boss. Maybe you are submissive to your boss but in my company the boss does not act like an ******* and suppresses his employees.

I am not married. Why should one person call the shots in a relationship? You work together. Your view of females reminds me of the view radical muslims have of females. Females should not have any say and be submissive to the man. Im sorry but I live in the year 2011 and not in 1850. Bachmann is an idiot. Her degree means nothing.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
This is pulled from an article in today's Washington Post, about Michelle and Marcus Bachmann's relationship. The article is full of stuff that scared the peanuts out of my Snickers bar, but this was maybe the worst (my italics):

<<<Dr. Bachmann’s influence on his wife is an article of faith within the family. “He is her godly husband,” said Peter Bachmann, Dr. Bachmann’s oldest brother, who lives on the family dairy farm across the eastern border in Wisconsin. “The husband is to be the head of the wife, according to God.”

It is a philosophy that Michele Bachmann echoed to congregants of the the Living Word Christian Center in 2006, when she stated that she pursued her degree in tax law only because her husband had told her to. “The Lord says: Be submissive, wives. You are to be submissive to your husbands,” she said.>>>

Are the citizens of the US willing to vote for a president who openly declares her submissiveness to the will of another person? Who states she does what her husband tells her to do?

How will we know who you are really voting for, Michelle....... or Marcus???

A. Getting advice from your spouse is one thing, being TOLD what to do is sick!

B. Saying it's god's will is sick.

C. Having two sick people in the White House being directed by an imaginary magic sky fairy is the worse thing that could happen to this country.

D. Will her husband expect ALL women to submit to men's will?
Then there will be another civil war....

E. If Michelle believes men are superior beings HOW will she handle male leaders of other countreis? By submitting to their whims as she does her husband?

F. Do we really want a President who thinks half the nation is stupid because they're female?

G. I sure feel sorry for their kids, the males must be real arrogant jerks and the females doormats. Oh, wait, ya, they're Republicans...

Old 07-07-2011, 06:38 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There you go again with your assumptions.

I'm not slamming Bachmann at all.

I'm just saying that as voters we need some clarification as to where Mrs Bachmann draws the line in terms of submission to her husband. She hasn't provided any information to suggest that she draws the line at all. And I think truth and common sense would say that if she doesn't draw the line, then why aren't we voting for her husband instead of for her?
Because the country isn't ready for a gay president and Republicans think they'll look hip if they run a female but to republicans the only good female is good looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections