Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If Republican Primary Today
Mitt Romney 10 11.76%
Ron Paul 41 48.24%
Michelle Bachmann 8 9.41%
Rick Perry - Possible entering race August 13th 11 12.94%
Newt Gingrich 2 2.35%
Tim Pawlenty 0 0%
Hermain Cain 5 5.88%
Gary Johnson 1 1.18%
Rick Santorum 3 3.53%
Write In 4 4.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times

Advertisements

hunstman supports the DREAM act and is a "globalist" type, so no way for me. it would be like the republicans picking mccain all over again, no thanks.

ron paul first.

a few of the republicans are a little too cozy with foreign aid for me (and also too cozy with the idea of a war for israel).

i heard (have no idea whether it is true or not) that trump would consider an independent run if he didn't care for the republican candidate, so would like to see how that sorts out.

i would love a 3 party option, unless the republican candidate is ron paul.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-11-2011 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 05:42 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,905,429 times
My vote is based only on the candidate's resume and electability. First of all, Paul, Bachman and Palin are not electable. Obama's dream would be for one of them to get nominated. So the serious candidates are Romney, Perry and Pawlenty. I then look at EXECUTIVE experience. All 3 of them have some but Perry and Romney have the most. Perry's has mostly been as Governor for 11 years while Romney offers a more balanced resume of leadership in both the private and public sectors. Perry does have a better record as Governor of a state that has created thousands of new jobs while the rest of the county lost millions. But Perry has other problems including his public religious dogma and his terrible academic record in college. Romney is largely free of that. So that is why I chose Romney although I do think the nominee will be Perry. I don't agree with Romney on everything but the goal here has to be to retire Obama and save the country from 4 more years of leaderless leadership.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:07 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
My vote is based only on the candidate's resume and electability. First of all, Paul, Bachman and Palin are not electable. Obama's dream would be for one of them to get nominated. So the serious candidates are Romney, Perry and Pawlenty. I then look at EXECUTIVE experience. All 3 of them have some but Perry and Romney have the most. Perry's has mostly been as Governor for 11 years while Romney offers a more balanced resume of leadership in both the private and public sectors. Perry does have a better record as Governor of a state that has created thousands of new jobs while the rest of the county lost millions. But Perry has other problems including his public religious dogma and his terrible academic record in college. Romney is largely free of that. So that is why I chose Romney although I do think the nominee will be Perry. I don't agree with Romney on everything but the goal here has to be to retire Obama and save the country from 4 more years of leaderless leadership.
i am tired of hearing who is and isn't electable-how can anyone possibly know the answer to that?

it's not just winning the primary, but winning the election. there are more registered democrats than republicans and there are plenty of independent voters. ron paul's antiwar/anti foreign aid position pleases both the young idealists and the fiscally responsible, a position that i am not sure that anyone else is actually willing to stand up for. obama is certainly pro war and many republicans are as well. who else has consistently concentrated on the welfare of AMERICAN citizens first?

there are plenty of voters (in both parties) who are FED UP with the out of control actions of the federal reserve -the manipulation of their money, and the degrading of their currency.how can a citizen's earning power even keep up with the federal reserve actions? they can wipe away anyone's earning gains with debt monetization and inflation.

ron paul is also one of the only (if not the only) candidate to speak out in behalf of the citizens when HE OPPOSED THE BANKSTER BAILOUTS. he also pushed for an audit of the federal reserve when no one else had the courage or the will to do it. the federal reserve STILL won't say what happened to the airlifted iraq money, or how much was lost.

he also stands against massive unchecked illegal immigration, and what it has done in terms of the cost of social services and the increasing unemployment. who else is standing up in this country on that subject? they are often going in the OTHER direction-with citizenship demands and free education for all.

he opposed obamacare and came up with his own plan, which (at least to me) certainly is a heck of lot better than forced mandatory health insurance purchase.

i remember it was said that a republican could never win ted kennedy's seat and the voters proved them wrong in a heavily democratic state. they ignored the media and went ahead and elected scott brown, and that, to me, showed that anything is possible in an election and, therefore,

real change is possible.

Last edited by floridasandy; 08-11-2011 at 06:22 PM..

Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,905,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am tired of hearing who is and isn't electable-how can anyone possibly know the answer to that?

it's not just winning the primary, but winning the election. there are more registered democrats than republicans and there are plenty of independent voters. ron paul's antiwar/anti foreign aid position pleases both the young idealists and the fiscally responsible, a position that i am not sure that anyone else is actually willing to stand up for. obama is certainly pro war and many republicans are as well. who else has consistently concentrated on the welfare of AMERICAN citizens first?

there are plenty of voters (in both parties) who are FED UP with the out of control actions of the federal reserve -the manipulation of their money, and the degrading of their currency.how can a citizen's earning power even keep up with the federal reserve actions? they can wipe away anyone's earning gains with debt monetization and inflation.

ron paul is also one of the only (if not the only) candidate to speak out in behalf of the citizens when HE OPPOSED THE BANKSTER BAILOUTS. he also pushed for an audit of the federal reserve when no one else had the courage or the will to do it. the federal reserve STILL won't say what happened to the airlifted iraq money, or how much was lost.

he also stands against massive unchecked illegal immigration, and what it has done in terms of the cost of social services and the increasing unemployment. who else is standing up in this country on that subject? they are often going in the OTHER direction-with citizenship demands and free education for all.

he opposed obamacare and came up with his own plan, which (at least to me) certainly is a heck of lot better than forced mandatory health insurance purchase.

i remember it was said that a republican could never win ted kennedy's seat and the voters proved them wrong in a heavily democratic state. they ignored the media and went ahead and elected scott brown, and that, to me, showed that anything is possible in an election and, therefore,

real change is possible.
Look, I agree with much of what Ron Paul says but he cannot be elected. The liberals might love his stances on war and marijuana but when he comes out against Social Security, Medicare and all the other things they hold dearly, Paul cannot be elected. The conservatives- at least the foreign interventionist internationalist won't vote for him and the liberals won't. That leaves a small base from which to choose from.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Wow, I did not expect to see so many Ron Paul supporters, maybe people are starting to pay attention and forgo the party rhetoric?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Quote:
Look, I agree with much of what Ron Paul says but he cannot be elected. The liberals might love his stances on war and marijuana but when he comes out against Social Security, Medicare and all the other things they hold dearly, Paul cannot be elected. The conservatives- at least the foreign interventionist internationalist won't vote for him and the liberals won't. That leaves a small base from which to choose from.
Likely correct ... unfortunately. No one is willing to sacrifice the partisan talking points, so we will have another election in favor of one of the CFR approved and prefered candidates.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,308 times
Ron Paul is the only man with the balls to make our country better among this group of people

Old 08-11-2011, 08:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
I would support Ron Paul but he will never win the Repbublican nomination. He shoud run as an Independent. That would be exciting.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,686,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
You forgot to put Obama in your poll.

THIS POLL AS STATED IN THE POLL IS A REPUBLICAN PRIMARY. It appears stupid and reading is something Obama supporters like about hope and change.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,686,647 times
Quote:
Screw the liberals FACT more more people independent voters who will vote ron paul over everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections